Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Don't miss this!

carymcs
Baltimore, Maryland
Fun and educational tour!!

abbeysjo
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
via mobile

All reviews baby gators air boat all ages an adventure big gators their natural habitat knew exactly where lots of fun beautiful scenery captain birds airboat ride florida osprey blast nests
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a 50 minute airboat ride with Captain Tom. He knows his stuff: gators, birds, history of the area, water plants...it was amazing. Even just the ride in the airboat, with the huge skies and beautiful scenery would've been worth the trip, but the ospreys and baby gators: awesome. Take the family. All ages. You will really like it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I took a morning tour and it was amazing!! Cpt Tom was very informative, engaging and sprinkled in a fair amount of humor. I would recommend this tour to all.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Our party of 12 are all locals, but decided to spend the morning on the boat. I'm not sure why we've not done this before! Capt Tom was awesome. The water was beautiful - packed full of wildlife - easy to get on and off the boat. We all had a great time. I'm pretty positive they're going to have to give me a discount punch card from all the trips they're going to take me on in the near future! Thanks Tom! We had a blast!

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

At the last minute, I called up Gato Bait Airboats and they were kind enough to squeeze in a tour for my family of 6. I only gave them about a 1.5 hr notice but they were willing to accommodate us.

We were on the Airboat for 1 hour and learned a lot! Captain Tom was very knowledgeable about the wildlife and found us many many alligators, osprey, turtles and birds! We all wore headphones with attached microphones and so we were able to hear the captain talk and could ask questions too.

Although this event was not an exciting-sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat tour, we had a lot of fun, took many pictures and learned about the ecosystem in that region of Florida.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

This ride was amazing! We saw so many gators and other beautiful wildlife. We took a 9:30am tour, so it wasn’t too hot. (I’m a New Englander and not used to the August FL heat). Captain Tom was a great tour guide. He narrated most of the tour and was very knowledgeable of the area and wildlife. It’s great fun for the whole family.
There is a bathroom in the parking lot and the tour guide had a cooler of iced bottled water too.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I went down to visit some family and we filled up the boat. Young and old we all enjoyed ourselves. Beautiful, amazing and wow.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We went on an hour long airboat ride with Capt Tom for my dad's birthday. It was an awesome time. Everyone had fun. We saw a lot of gators, birds, fish and other wildlife. Capt Tom was very knowledgeable and obviously knew where to find the gators. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone. We had 6 adults and 8 kids in all from 4 to 75.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Capt Tom had the gators right off the launch. Very comfortable boat ride and very knowledgeable guide. All 14 board had an awesome time I highly recommend this tour company in airboat ride. Will definitely hit them up again when we come back to South Florida.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

This was a very educational and fun trip through the Everglades. We even got to see some gators in their natural habitat. The guide took us to the nest of the biggest gator, but he wasn't home. It was amazing how the gators trampled the reeds to make a bed and resting place.

Reviewed April 9, 2018

They give everyone a headset, including a four year old who is so excited to see everything that they will point everything out. Toward the end of the tour, the captain told us that we had to keep my son quiet. OK, that's fine. You're the one who gave him the headset and had him make sure his microphone worked, but fine. After we pulled up his microphone, the captain proceeded to tell us over the headset that we needed to teach him some manners. My older 10 year old son was also upset by that comment, because both of my children have good manners. However, when you take a four year old out looking at alligators, and pointing out birds etc, he's going to tell us when he sees it and that he thinks it is cool. This was a year ago, and I am still bothered by it. I would never recommend this to anyone with children.

4  Thank di2471
Bill S, Manager at Gator Bait Airboat Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2018

So, we should not give children a headset because your son could not control his talking, singing or whatever he was doing into the headset? We should make sure children's microphones don't work? Well that doesn't sound very appropriate to us. We encourage children to participate in the tour, but one child can not overrun the tour and ruin the experience for all the other guests on board. We have many children on board every year with NO issues. The captain apparently tried to get the situation under control by having you pull his microphone away from his mouth and that still didn't work. Yes many children think it's cool to see alligators and wildlife but they don't unnecessarily continuously speak over the captain. And I hope you realize that your entire review is about the behavior of your child and not the actual tour and things you saw.