“The Best Time Ever ! Sure to in AWW”

Gator Bait Airboat Adventures
Ranked #6 of 47 Tours in Vero Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Vero Beach's "premier" airboat adventure tour. Gator Bait is the fun, informative, and interactive tour for all ages. Our mission statement is to ensure all guests have a wonderful time experiencing the beauty of the marsh and its wildlife. We guarantee alligator sightings on our brand new custom built Floral City airboat equipped with talk around headsets. Call us today to schedule your tour and "See it with a Real Florida Native."
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Wanting take my staff at on an adventure, I chose Gator Bait Adventures. What an Awesome Time... With Captain Billy's wit and amazing knowledge kept in AWW the whole time from being 1 foot from a Gator or within feet of an egret's nest to our left. Spotting 10-15 Gator's over the whole tour in their natural habitat. Of course the thrill of flying flying on and over swamp lands or splashing from boat. It was just an All Around Great Time for our entire staff ! Thank You Captain Billy for making our Day !

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"saw lots of wildlife"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a short visit to Vero Beach, bringing 3 teenage girls with us (14yrs) and were looking for something that could keep the attention of attention-less teens... this was EXACTLY what we were looking for. All 3 girls (and my husband and I) thought it the highlight of our 4 day trip! We saw tons of wildlife - alligators (of course!), baby alligators, birds, osprey, fish, turtles - you name it! It was exciting, engaging and a wonderful learning experience for all of us. Girls actually learned a lot about Florida habitat - and didn't even notice! completely safe at all times, Capt. Bill was truly fun and incredibly knowledgeable. He answered any question - and usually had a lot of tidbits to add. He was great, the boat was beautiful and all of us highly recommend this trip. If you only have one hour in Vero Beach - DO THIS TRIP! you won't be disappointed...

Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a blast! Florida is all about the water and boating, but most people think of the beaches and Intracoastal Waterway. I own a sail boat and small fishing boat, but have never been on an airboat ride. I have enjoyed the water in Florida for all my life in all manners of watersports in everything from water skiing to skin diving, but never tried an airboat adventure. The ride was fun, but safe and extremely informative even for a person who grew up in Florida. There is really a lot to learn about the eco-system in this state and Capt. Bill has a great deal of knowledge to share. This is not a rehearsed tour ride! I am sure that every time the Gator Bait airboat leaves with new passengers, there is always a new experience. After all it is about the wildlife that you will be seeing and there is no scripting that.
The ride was well over an hour and we went fast through the marsh and open water, and then slowed down to see the different birds that are abundant in the Blue Cypress Wildlife Area. Of course there were gators and quite a few as a matter of fact. Capt. Bill has named a few of them and pretty much knows where they might be plus he will give you a bit of history about each one. He told me and the other guests on the airboat about one of them having baby alligators and who their mate was. I noticed that the other guest all left with a smile on their face and had fun. I went as a single but plan on returning with my wife when the blue cypress is filled with birds. The way Bill described this time of year; it made me want to see it for myself. If you live in Florida and have guests coming down from the north and wonder what you might want to show them, this is a must see. It’s a great ride and fun for the entire family as the kids will enjoy this airboat ride young and old. I highly recommend taking an airboat tour on Gator Bait airboat adventures whether you live in Florida or are just visiting.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Yesterday's airboat ride was fantastic and pure pleasure. Capt. Bill provided us much interesting information about the birds, fish, flowers, and especially the gators in sunny florida. Nice to be in an unspoiled part of Florida with nature and good people. nice new air boat as well. A must do if you are visiting or living in the Vero Beach area. Thanks Capt. Bill

See more reviews
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Captain Bill is fantastic. He knows the area and knows exactly where to find the gators and birds. We saw wonderful scenary, LOTS of gators, birds, nesting osprey. The pictures are great. If you are thinking about an airboat ride call Captain Bill it will be worthwhile. Captain Bill thinks of everything, the boat is clean, comfortable and the headsets are sanitized before each guest uses them...he even has ear plugs for the little ones who won't keep the headsets on their heads...so he is family friendly for sure. We will go again next time we visit.