“Almost like home”

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Almost like home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2008

My fiance, our cat, and I stayed for a over a week this time. We got a first floor room with a king size bed, which was much more comfortable than the queen bed upstairs. Brian had a hair dryer waiting for me on the dresser (I had mentioned last time that I didn't know to bring one). Kitty didn't have as nice a view and we were more aware of the pool music being downstairs, but it was good not to have to carry our bags (and supplies) up the stairs. We discovered recycling bins by the trash dumpster, so we were able to recycle our water bottles like we do at home. :-) We also discovered a cache of books and magazines near the laundry area, which was good since I had forgotten to bring one. Kitty even got a chance to go outside for a walk this time (there were too many dogs on the first visit). The internet wasn't as slow this visit, though it did drop sometimes still. Also, there was no desk or nightstand this time, so we had to leave our glasses and travel alarm on the dresser across the room when we went to bed.

• Liked — good value
  • Disliked — no nightstand :-(
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kocickasmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2008

We picked this hotel because of previous TA reviews and what a good decision.
If you are a poseur , like to wear your best clothes to impress ,want to impress your neighbours , this is not for you. If you want a clean , friendly , well located place to stay this is it. We had a great break here and Brian is so laid back he is a lesson in de stressing.
The beach is a few yards away and is impressive.
Excellent

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008
3 Thank MikeandAnn
Onset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2008

I came down to visit my friend in Vero Beach and I had reserved at South Beach Place since the photos and the info through this website was very invitating. I'm so glad that I did and Brian Kelly, the owner is very nice and accomodating. I brought my hearing ear dog with me and she enjoyed the trip with me.
We came down on September 30th and stayed until October 8th and we were very comfortable to the extent that it was like home. I didn't want to leave. The swimming pool was so nice, warm, clean, and the atmosphere of a paradise was all around the pool, for instance, beautiful flowers and palm trees with coconuts, It was so nice and extraordinary.
Across the street is the entrance to the natural beach and the water was very rough because of the storm out at sea.
I brought my friend, who is a resident at Vero Beach to the place and she thought it was beautiful. I was very happy with my suite with kitchenette, sofa, and comfortable bed. Brian had everything you need like kitchen utensils and cookware and detergent to wash dishes,etc. If there was something you need-just ask for it and you get it.
On Ocean Drive and the surrounding streets, there were Palm Trees everywhere and little geccos running around eating the unwanted bugs and they are so cute. There nothing like this and I'm coming back next year for a longer time.
I recommend this place for a unique vacation with all the comforts of home.
I'm sorry that I do not have any online photos of this trip and I will try to provide that next year.

• Liked — Comfort and fun and location and the owner
  • Disliked — Nothing to comment
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank HeleneConlon
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

We went back for another stay with Brian Kelly's South Beach Place.We had such a wonderful time last year we decided there is no better place to stay in Vero than South Beach Place.
The rooms are so clean and we love the decor.
The owner is so wonderful to us. Always there to make our stay the best. and make you feel at home.
We will return every year.
The Hilligoss's -Scott, Melinda & Shamrock
Broadkill Beach,Delaware

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — All good.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vero4me
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

I cannot say enough about South Beach Place. It is your own little piece of heaven in Paradise! Brian the property manager is the best. He goes out of his way to make you comfortable with any needs you might have. The rooms are clean, comfortable, with everything you will need for your stay, from fresh linens, towels, all kitchen supplies, toaster, coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator etc. The pool is perfect! Clean and oh so refreshing! The beach is a block away and a totally easy walk over a boardwalk and there it is.... a wonderful clean beautiful uncrowded beach! You can walk until your hearts content. We have stayed at South Beach Place for 5 years now. Every year we think of going somewhere else......but we keep coming back for the relaxing clean fun atmosphere this gem has to offer. Thanks South Beach
Jeff and Amy and Danny

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2008

We stayed at South Beach Place during the second week in October. From the moment we arrived we felt right at home. The manager was welcoming and understanding about some tangled travel problems we had had with the airlines and checked us in quickly. Our room was sparkling clean and comfortable. There was a bowl of fresh fruit on the table for us. We didn't use the pool but it looked very clean and the whole pool area was nicely landscaped. Instead we took a very short walk across the street, through a lovely park, to the beach. There was a lifeguard for those wanting to swim. We didn't go in, choosing instead to walk the beach. We only stayed one night but wished we could have stayed more. Our room wasn't fancy or lavish, but what we really prefer more....clean, comfortable, with the amenities of home...refrigerator, stove, sink and everything to make the stay comfortable. The whole place had been recently redone so everything felt new and very clean. We relaxed and enjoyed our stay! We travel alot and can highly recommend this lovely gem within a very short drive to the shops and restaurants in Vero Beach. And speaking of gems...be sure to have at least one meal at the Lemon Tree in Vero Beach. It is very reasonably priced, the food is delicious, and the meals end with a complimentary scoop of tasty sorbet. Yum!

• Liked — cleanliness, comfort
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank alanspar
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in early August and loved it. Very quiet, relaxing location at the end of a cul de sac of sorts and across the street from an excellent beach front park. We loved the thoughtful decor in our room that was truly eclectic but you could tell was put together with care. Lots of special details, like the bowl of fresh fruit and fresh flowers in our room and the basket of assorted suntan lotions/sunscreens out by the pool. The kitchen is set up with the standard items (cups, plates, flatware, etc.) plus some considerate extras (blender, coffee filters, wine glasses, etc.). Also, there's a little boom box out by the pool with a stack of CDs for your listening pleasure. Very cool! It's refreshing to visit a place that trusts its guests to be sophisticated and considerate of others. A decidedly "uncorporate" environment off the beaten path! The owners/operators should be proud of the little paradise they've set up.

• Liked — cool uncorporate vibe
  • Disliked — can't say there was anything I didn't like
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple