“Incredible experience - highlight of our anniversary trip!”

Florida Airboat Excursions
Ranked #5 of 44 Tours in Vero Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was a last minute excursion. After returning from a cruise, we were traveling from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando and decided to try an airboat. We were able to book an excursion with Captain John and the 90 minute experience was both memorable and exciting. Capt. John was knowledgable, fun, and very detailed when it came to seeing the wildlife. The beauty of what we saw was incredible and his new boat with headsets made it easy to hear and see what was all around us.We \have already decided that we will do this again, only next time we will plan for a much longer excursion!! This is worh every minute and every dime!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a fabulous time our family had with Capt. John and his Great Airboat!!!! Our family recently spent 2 weeks in Florida and the highlight of our trip was our ride with Capt John. Our 18 and 21 year old daughters loved the ride so much that we scheduled a private ride for longer time the following day. Capt John tailored a trip to meet our family needs and his knowledge and expertise combined with his great sense of humor made for the BEST DAY EVER! We will always remember our airboat ride and we our grateful that we found Capt John to give us the best possible tour. I highly recommend Capt John and Florida Airboat Excursions. If you have limited time in Florida, your absolute best bet would be to book a trip with Capt John. You will not be dissapointed and you will leave with fabulous memories.

1  Thank plannerforthefamily
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I went out twice with Captain John and Michae twice- the first trip was with my son on a group tour to Blue Cypress Lake, and then I I did a half day private trip for photography. Both tours were excellent- the family trip was informative, fun, and exciting as we "jumped" the canals- and the private trip was fabulous, letting me get in close to some gorgeous areas for the bird photography i was interested in. Because the boat is smaller than many other airboat tours use, and with excellent radio headsets, Capt. John and Michael are able to provide excellent information on the area ecology and wildlife, and ensure that you get to see some of the fast moving wildlife- alligators disappearing in the water, birds taking flight, etc. Whatever you are looking for- the quick adventure of a 2 hour tour with friends, family of even strangers, or a tour for a specific purpose- bird watching, fishing, photography- these guys will take care of you! I plan to go out with them again on my next trip to Fort Pierce!

1  Thank sauceybrat
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My friend and I had the best time EVER with Capt. John.......This was a last minute adventure and we sure did pick the right excursion.....The ONLY air boat that goes on land out of the water.....Capt John catered to us at the up-most and we HIGHLY recommend this company.....we were able to see alligators, different kinds of bird species and even an Owl's nest......... We went on a sunset excursion to all of the hot spots and we can not wait to come back..... I have recommended this company to many people as we will be back soon!!!!!! Thank you again for such a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank ellison223
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A three hour ride in a 600 horsepower air boat that seats only 6 passengers. This particular ride takes you further into the swamps and marshes than most air boats, due to size of engine and special undercoating. Was provided a lunch about 1/2 way, on dry land so we could exercise our bodies. Viewed everything I expected in a swamp, i.e. alligators, snakes, hundreds of different birds, in one case a bird on the endangered list gave us a wonderful show. Captain and Naturalist has great personalities, very knowledgeable and not a flaw in the entire trip. Will do it again soon so see what I missed the first time.