“Nice way to spend an hour or two”

McKee Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 76 things to do in Vero Beach
philadelphia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend an hour or two”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pretty meandering gardens with lots of water features. We enjoyed strolling the grounds for an hour or so.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ozart8116

Markham, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So relaxing!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just visited the McKee botanical garden in Vero Beach and we were quite impressed of how relaxing and fun that was! Beautiful colors, birds singing, old trees, clean ponds with gorgeous water lillies...We will go again!
Maria

Visited May 2013
Sebastian, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Secluded tropical paradise”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Lovely secluded tropical gardens in Vero. I have been to similar "gardens" in several cities and for the most part, this is a lovely, well priced attraction. I was lucky enough to get to view the glass figurines that were part of a traveling display---different, fluid glass renderings of abstract clown and human form figures--also included were art glass flowers, and birds that were set in both water displays and in bouquets in "Vases" and one that was huge and set well above the ground over a lagoon. I did find their guide map to be difficult to follow and there were no easily found exit signs that one could find if you had an emergency and needed to find your way out in a hurry. I had a blister and wanted to leave, but went around in circles trying to find the main path to get out. Another lady asked me if I knew where the "big chair" display was---she knew it was there and couldn't find it. I never saw it---but if it was there----it too was elusive. I would vote for some good red arrowed signs every so often pointing to the "EXIT". Other than that it was lovely and very relaxing. I did get a sandwich, flavored tea and a crumb cake to go at their restaurant and the tea was tasteless, and the sandwich way overpriced. Suggest you skip that and get something elsewhere. All in all through---worth a visit--and the lodge structure has interesting photos of the history of the founders and construction of the gardens.

Visited April 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Vero beach”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Loved the gardens the island. The beaches are beautiful. Round island and other scenic areas are worth visiting. Not as crowded as further south in Florida.

Visited December 2012
Sebastian, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“You should check this place out!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I did not think I would be overly impressed, but they not only have all the tropical plants, including a cocoanut that fell out of a tree in front of us, but a great glass exhibit. I understand they do something "special" during the season every year. I can't wait to see what they do next year.

Visited April 2013