Visiting ailing father-Inlaw in Ft Pierce....my wife her sister and mother had drinks on the beach here..( Waldo's)..she came back and asked if I could check into getting a room because it looked like such a cool place.....I called and booked #229. Unseen.....what a great room. Around $200. had an adorable loft for sister in law....the furnishings were beautiful antiques....this place has a history....best part was balcony...ours had a perfect porch roof at top of stairwell that made for a perfect morning....the mineral pool was a delight...can recommend the fish and chips.....so after evening walk on the beach and lots of good rocking chair conversation.....it was a perfect diversion for us. Not the embassy suites and hope it never will be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, eclectic oceanfront resort with two of its buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. 100 rooms and suites of varying sizes all with some kitchen facilities. Old Florida at its best, rocking chairs in front of every unit to gaze at the ocean while enjoying a beverage from the on site restaurant, Waldo's, the last of the Great American Hangouts! With 9 buildings on the property, there is something to please nearly every taste. Located right in the heart of the beach business district there are more than a dozen restaurants and lounges within walking distance and a newly renovated city park right next door with wonderful playground equipment for the kids. Join us for fun and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Driftwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Vero Beach
- Driftwood Resort Vero Beach