This resort only seemed to care about its paying customers at the restaurant/bar that is part of the resort. Parking is a nightmare because this is a local hangout and they let anyone park anywhere. There is no dedicated parking for the people who are staying at this resort. There were people drinking in the pool, beer bottles & wine glasses on the side of the pool at times. Definitely not a place for children. Not to mention all the drunks leaving daily. We saw an older man who was drunk goofing off in the parking lot in his car hit another guy and the guy just handed him another beer and then another girl leaving back into someone else's vehicle that was parked in the handicap space. There cops were called here on several occasions. There were no activities, the few shops in the area were pricey. Beds were hard & very uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping on the sofa bed as it was a little better which is sad to say. RCI guests can only exchange their bath towels & bed linens once within your week stay; you have to leave them outside in the morning and then wait for them to return them later in the afternoon on Tuesday. The main pool is in the middle of the restaurant deck dining area and the bar. There is only about 20 lounge chairs all of which were taken every morning by people running down and draping towels over them even though it was clearly stated you were not to do this. We got to sit by the pool one time during our weeks stay and there were people not even staying at the resort using the pool facilities too. The other pool on the breakers side of the resort was the same way. The resort itself has a nice location and we had a great ocean view from our room which was right above Waldos the restaurant/bar. And we did enjoy some of the live entertainment in the evenings at Waldos but I would never come back. This was my worst RCI exchange experience ever
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, eclectic oceanfront resort with two of its buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. 100 rooms and suites of varying sizes all with some kitchen facilities. Old Florida at its best, rocking chairs in front of every unit to gaze at the ocean while enjoying a beverage from the on site restaurant, Waldo's, the last of the Great American Hangouts! With 9 buildings on the property, there is something to please nearly every taste. Located right in the heart of the beach business district there are more than a dozen restaurants and lounges within walking distance and a newly renovated city park right next door with wonderful playground equipment for the kids. Join us for fun and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Driftwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Vero Beach
- Driftwood Resort Vero Beach