“Good Food, Good Value”

Ranked #104 of 328 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Three girlfriends and I went for Sunday Brunch at The Quilted Giraffe this past Sunday. It was a very enjoyable experience. We had good service, good ambience and, most importantly, good food. If you want all these PLUS good value, go for Sunday Brunch to The Quilted Giraffe! We'll be back. We are also planning to return and try dinner.

1  Thank Josie C

Reviewed February 9, 2014

On a recommendation from church members we took our Sunday guests to the brunch offering. We made a reservation and were told to on time as Sunday is very busy. When we arrived at noon it must have been a slow day (in prime winter season) as the place was half empty. We were greeted heartily and seated at a none too clean glass table without table cloth or even place mats. I decided that a glass of wine might be nice until I perused the wine menu. With its collection of essentially $6 wines, I decided to forgo the opportunity. (OK, I am a wine snob, but any restaurant that sells $30 to $35 Entrees should not expect patrons to drink absolute plonk.)

We were told to serve ourselves from the buffet at the back. At first I thought the buffet was a joke and I started to go and see the rest of it in the next room when I realized the next room was just a large mirror. So back we went. Nothing was labeled and in the semi-darkness the food was difficult to identify. The hash browns turned out to be fried apples. I am one of those weird individuals who like to know what I am eating. Silly me! Forgive me my food allergies. I decided to stick to items I could identify, which turned out to be only scrambled eggs(?) and bacon. There was no bread or rolls of any kind. I think there may have been some overdone micro muffins but it was hard to tell.

Admittedly this mini buffet, probably to most pathetic I have seen outside of a church fund raiser breakfast was only $11.

The service for drinks was slow and we had to ask twice for lemon for the water. In spite of the slowness of the response, servers seemed to be on the run (literally), which did not do much for the atmosphere and was somewhat unnerving

All in all, not a great experience. Not recommended for the Sunday Brunch!

1  Thank Gerald R
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Food was excellent. Service was superb. Men's room was a disaster. Smelled like someone had peed on the floor. Two of the three lights over the sink were burned out. And the hot water spigot was not functional, therefore no hot water. I expect a better facility when I pay that kind of money for a meal.

2  Thank budstein43
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Overall, the experience was good. The food was tasty and well-prepared. Service was a tad sluggish at first but got better as the morning progressed. Friendly wait staff made it a nice experience. The inside needs an update; it feels dated. I would go again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had been wanting to try this restaurant for some time since they have several 2 for 1 coupons and the menu looked very nice. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is much bigger than it looks from the outside and, even though it was fairly packed, the service was very good. There are two seating areas and we chose the back because it seemed to be a little quieter and less formal than the front. The food was excellent but be aware the portions are smaller than you get a lot of restaurants in this area even though their prices are comparable. They do offer a very wide range of items on the menu including duck, several seafood selections, pasta, and veal and beef. Our group had the duck, salmon, crabcakes and a wild mushroom veal dish and everyone was very pleased. Will definitely return.