“Yummy surprise”

Ranked #103 of 329 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to Quilted Girafe for the first time after the light show at the nearby McKee Botanical Garden. The decor was festive and fun for the holidays. The bread seemed like it might have been reheated in the microwave but it had a nice taste. The soup (according to my husband) was good. The salads were on the high end of adequate. The scallops (my mom) were excellent, the crab cakes (dad and I had them) were excellent, and the veal (my husband had this) was very good. The rice and asparagus sides were both excellent. The espresso cheese cake was super good as was the bread pudding (and we are bread pudding and New York cheese cake experts). The service was good, and overall the price was decent. So...good value, fun decor...we'll go back.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Service is wonderful, even with a large group.
Christmas decor, very classy!
Just loved the salmon. Truly a charming, elegant environment!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm a repeat customer . . . this time for Sunday Brunch - something new. Every bite was amazing - from the salads, fruit, real French Toast, sausage, bacon - tender pork roast, Shrimp (Salmon - not my thing, but the husband loved it) and much more, plus some miniature lovely desserts. Served in the pretty room full of chandeliers and trees. Great price as well. Going to bring friends next Sunday.

2  Thank SharizB
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Old world "campy" African Decor. Fringe, animal prints , trees and chandeliers fill the main room. I expected to see a stuffed gorilla in the corner. The waiter didn't fit in as he tried to hard to be pretentious . The bread basket was nothing special, rather over baked and flavorless. Two of us had the mushroom soup and it was very good and hinted of the great things to follow. Three of us had the veal scaloppini with excellent mashed potatoes, not the usual accompaniment but great. The veal was quite tasty but hard to locate, probably no more than 2 ounces. The diner that had the filet of sole said it was terrific and the portion was quite large. We had "two for one" coupons that are in the newspaper regularly and made this a good deal. Without the coupons I would be asking " Where's the meat".

2  Thank Jane T
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've visited the Quilted Girafe twice now. Both times we had excellent food and service. If you're looking for an upscale restaurant, this would be it.