“Why did I wait so long?”
Review of Osceola Bistro

Osceola Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osceola Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 328 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Vero Beach four times. We initially wanted water views for dining. Then, our great experiences at Havana Nights and the Caribbean Court made us look no further. Several staff members at the Caribbean Court raved about Osceola Bistro. We finally stopped with friends for lunch at our last outing to Vero Beach. It was an amazing experience. Margaritas made from freshly squeezed limes. Yum! Everything was fresh, innovative, and yummy. We each tried different appetizers and entrees and were reluctant to share but eager to try what we didn't order. There was not a miss on the menu. Tall ceilings give the casually elegant French country atmosphere volume. The outdoor dining was equally appealing and lovely. The staff members were gracious and accommodating. The prices were indecently reasonable. Why go anywhere else?

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We took a couple here tonight to introduce them to the restaurant. My hubby and I have eaten here a few times over the past few years. We sat outside in the "garden" area which is my preferred place. Other reviewers have explained it well so I will not go any further. The inside dining room is quite lovely as well. It was a balmy night as it had rained on and off over the day so the temp was excellent (not too hot) with just a wee bit of humidity in the air. We had a corner table in the back region of the outside seating area so had a bit of privacy to boot. We had a 6 PM reservation so it was quiet at first. By 8 PM when we left, most tables were filled as were the bar stools. Interesting bar in that you can sit on one side and be outside or on the other side, be inside. The bartender just swivels. Big selling point for me is that their house wine, Costal Vines, is $15.00 a bottle, or $4.00 a glass. You can not go wrong. Entrees come with a house salad or soup. You can upgrade the salad to the featured salad or other types for an up-charge. I did on this night as the salad was a citrus salad with various pieces of citrus, avocado, and greens. It was really yummy-worth the extra price. The chef had many specials of the evening to accompany what he was able to purchase that day. He supports local farms and such. Plenty of fish choices as well as meats. Only one of us at the table had a special, which was the Calamari. Others had the filet mignon, steak and frites, and pork tenderloin. All come with accompanying sides decided by the chef, which you can also buy as a larger portion side. The dessert of the evening was the white chocolate creme brulee with strawberry sauce-delicious. Because there are up-charges and ala carte items and the specials are somewhat higher priced than the main menu entrees, you can end up with a pricey evening. But I will say that you can also eat fairly reasonable if you watch your selections. On this evening, for the 4 of us with drinks, wine, and dessert, and a 20% tip, (our server was excellent), each couple paid $96.00 for a wonderful evening. As this place is quite popular, I would suggest a reservation if you want a particular spot or time frame.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been dining at the Osceola Bistro for the past 2 years. The food is very good and different from what you will find locally. We always get the mushroom/grits appetizer-amazing! The salads/dressings are always fresh and crisp. Most of their entrees are superb; the only downfall is that some of their sauces have a high salt content. The atmosphere is very airy and relaxing-it is like eating in somebody's house. I highly recommend Brian, the bartender. He is a terrific server with a great personality. We always enjoy dining at the Osceola Bistro!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I thought the menu looked interesting, so we decided on lunch. First of all, the patio area is one of the best this side of New Orleans.....enclosed on 3 sides, nice pavers on the ground, above is mostly covered and shady, paddle fans, lots of plants, etc. Very, very nice. The menu is good. We had calamari tempura for an appetizer, and it was excellent. I had a Cuban sandwich for lunch, and my wife had a fried pork sandwich. Both good. The evening menu looks wonderful. This might be called innovative locavor food....specializing in local fish, meats and veggies done in an interesting, innovative way.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Tripped over this gem last year. Have returned several times since. Waitstaff is excellent. Food is fresh and very creative changing with the seasonal availability. The patio dining experience is one of the best in Vero.