“Good time”

Ay Jalisco
Ranked #48 of 330 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Not the most authentic Mexican I have ever had but the flavors were good and the service was excellant. We had 5 entrees and lots of Margaritas for $70. Would go back again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I found my lunch at Ay Jalisco to be a dependable standard Mexican restaurant lunch. Service was attentive and friendly. Prices were fair for the meal. The standard chips and salsa were served upon sitting down. I selected a combination plate (burritto - chicken) and a side taco (crunchy - chicken). Flavors were good, but not spectacular. The burritto was excessively smothered in cheese. Next time, I would ask for half the cheese normally served.

Salsa was tasty, but would have benefitted from some fresh cilantro to balance the other flavors.

Portions were substantial. I would make a 2nd trip for lunch, but probably would choose something other for an evening meal if you were looking for something special.

My average rating is driven primariliy by the food. The restaurant was clean and staff attentive and friendly.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This restaurant has several locations, but the small funky out of the way one that we go to is without a doubt hands down some of the best Mexican food in the area...try the chicken tortilla soup..to die for!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very inexpensive food and drink but just average Mexican at best. If you are expecting the real deal, authentic cuisine and fresh from the field flavor you will be disappointed. Looking for a good family friendly meal at a great price you'll leave satisfied.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We took a chance on this little restaurant form mixed reviews. I would say its, cleaner service is lacking and food is mediocre. The cooks took a long time and it was hard rice from sitting under heat lamp and cool food because server was hanging up front. I would say they need some help to make this place really good.