“Consistently great food and service”
Review of La Bodeguita de Vero - CLOSED

La Bodeguita de Vero
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We bring you traditional Cuban cooking to the heart of Vero Beach!WHAT IS “LA BODEGUITA “?It comes from “BODEGA”, meaning market in SPAIN. It is a neighborhood place where all those who live near, buy their food, drink coffee, enjoy snacks, meet up with their neighbors to talk and keep up on the latest neighborhood happenings. If space permits, typical country dishes are cooked and served and enjoyed family style. If you like the Bodeguita, you sign your name on the wall, where it will remain forever, and show it to your friends on future visits so they know you were there before.THIS BODEGUITA de VERO IS TO STAY AMONG US. IT IS OUR “BODEGUITA”.THANK YOU!
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Another wonderful Friday night dinner. Pechuga de Pollo, white rice and black beans, Cuban fish casserole - all wonderful. Every time we go I am convinced I will not order the croquettas again, but every time I go I break down and order them ....and eat all of them. Can't wait to try the Argentinian menu available tomorrow. (Sundays only). Always a great meal and a good time.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went to this restaurant last March & had a wonderful meal. We returned with our guests two days ago & the menu had changed. The server was quite nice but couldn't answer any of our questions, he always had to go back & ask someone else. We ordered 5 different meals & none of them were good. We will not go back.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I along with family and friends were excited to dine at this Cuban restaurant being that they are not many Cuban eateries in Vero Beach. Upon arriving I was a little apprehensive at noticing the restaurant was connected to a gas station, but then again I did not want to judge a book by it's cover so entered we did. We were glad to be seated promptly (Was not very busy) Almost everyone in our party of eight lived in Miami, my husbands parents are Cuban we & were so happy to get some Cuban food without a trip to Miami. After ordering, the waiter came back to inform 3 of us they were out of what we had ordered (two different items) OK, reorder, moving on. We got our drinks and as all Cuban restaurants go they served "pan cubano" (Cuban bread) which
was great. We then waited for 25 mins before our drinks were refilled and for the appetizers we ordered, asked why the delay the waiter explained the kitchen was a little backed up so I asked him if he could bring us some more bread only to be told there would be a cost for a seconds on bread, that was a first. When our order finally came which by the way did not all arrive at the same time, no enjoyment in ones meal when we are all starving at this point and others without their meal, my steak was dry and over cooked not to mention half the size of a normal palomilla steak at twice the price. In this case I should have judged the cover of this book of horror.

3  Thank Ingrid D
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My daughter and I just recently stumbled upon this great hidden gem. What a wonderful experience. We had lunch, felt like we were in a 5 star restaurant. Both entrees were fresh, and so superbly prepared. Had the pork with black beans/rice, my daughter had the cuban sandwich. Both absolutely outstanding.

Don't be imitated by being in a plaza with a gas station, you won't feel that atmosphere when you are in the restaurant.

Go and enyjoy authentic cuban food with great prices and friendly service.

1  Thank julia t
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This restaurant was a surprisingly pleasant dining experience. Quaint Cuban restaurant in Vero Beach, Florida. Food was incredible, and the service is not to be believed. The owners were warm and friendly, and took the time to speak to us and exchange memories of Cuba. Our service waitress, Mayanara, was sweet and helpful. She made the perfect menu suggestions, and we absolutely loved the food. The Chicharos soup is to die for! Anyone in the area would enjoy stopping by this nice little Cuban restaurant for a fantastic dining experience.

1  Thank geomars29