“Return to di Mare”

Di Mare Vero Beach
Ranked #18 of 330 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in a quiet corner of beautiful Vero Beach, Florida, Di Mare Vero Beach exemplifies fine dining by providing exquisite culinary delights with a unique ambience that can only be found here. Take a look around our site and then come in and see for yourself. Di Mare Vero Beach serves only the finest in gourmet French and Italian cuisine. Fly across the seas of the Atlantic and Mediterranean with the tastes of Paris to Milan and Venice to Nice. Di Mare Vero Beach's management, staff and cooks are dedicated to making your visit an exceptional dining experience. We believe the chef's "Old World" cooking ways are superb. Old World cooking requires a little more time, your patience is greatly appreciated. Come join us at Di Mare Vero Beach where French and Italian Cuisine take flight.
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We scored this place once before a while ago. They were barely opened. Our meal tonight deserves another review. We had the seafood crepe that we shared. I then had a veal Sorento and my wife had a snapper San Remo. Both entrees were perfect. The rice was delicious (and I usually don't like rice). The vegetables were cooked the way I like. The veal with the pancetta and the mozarella di bufala with a wine reduction was delicious and the snapper which was a little expensive because all their fish is really fresh and locally caught when available is quite expensive to buy was ouystanding with a tri-color pepper sauce unique to that place. This dinner was a 10. I wish they'll stay succeed a long time!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had eastern at Ristorante di Mare in March, 2010, while visiting Vero Beach, and found it to be exquisite. We looked forward to returning this year, but had a very disappointing experience. The food was fine, but the service was unpleasant. The hostess was rude when seating us. The waitor was haughty and responded to an honest inquiry as if I had insulted him. He took pride in pointing out that it was I who was in error. This mistreatment of a customer cemented my conviction not to return again. I decided to write this review in hopes that the owner - who was not on site when we visited this year - will see that in his absence, his staff are not very accommodating to his loyal customers.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Excellent dinner and the filet was far better than we had at a steak restaurant next door.

1  Thank REMC
Reviewed February 8, 2012

One of the best Italian restaurants in Vero. Dined there twice during our stay.

1  Thank VermontGolfer1
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My brother was in town so we happily took him to dinner at our favorite restaurant. We tried the special appetizers of the evening, steak tartare and gorgonzola pear ravioli. The tartare was ok - I found the seasoning interesting but ultimately distracting. The ravioli was amazing! It was excellent on its own, but paired with the tartare, it elevated the dish and provided an excellent counterpoint.
On my recommendation my brother got the veal au Roquefort and loved it. My mom and I chose the special of the evening which was grouper (our favorite fish). Sadly, large portions were charred, which made it difficult to taste the flavour of the seasoning. Once the charred bits were removed, it was ok, but nothing special. (as we have come to expect from di Mare).
Another unfortunate part of the meal were the vegetables. Mine were basically raw, and they had offered to steam the veggies for my mom (having noticed that she didn't eat them on our previous visit, and learning that she needs well cooked veggies). Apparently they just microwaved them, which did not make them tender enough.
Perhaps there were different staff that night, as previously we had always come on a holiday evening. We will still return, but probably will stick to our favorites on the next visit.