“Typical TooJays”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This TooJays definitely doesn't have the same "feel" to it as the Bluff's plaza or Downtown at the Gardens. It has the same food and our servers (on the two occasions we have dined there) were good, but it is just okay in my opinion. Service was friendly but the food was somewhat lackluster. I feel like I can get a deli sandwich or salad somewhere else for less.

Thank ALil'Irish!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

While my husband was in a rehabilitation care center (after a rib breaking fall), this restaurant kept me eating. Even though I lost 8 pounds during that time - I am so glad Too Jays was there with such a wonderful selection of food.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the pastrami on rye- rather dry, not very tasty.
My companion had the pastrami melt (I forget the name) which he liked, but he did admit the same sandwich received in Delray Beach was much tastier.
Atmosphere is great. The service very nice,
And I have had their pot roast which is delicious.
Do not order the pastrami!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place is the worst of the worst for quality and freshnesh of food. My wife and I ordered nova on a bagel with cream cheses and it was quite an experience. First of all they were out of every bagel except cina mon or pumpernickel - not much of a selection. Our pumpernickel bagels were hard as a rock - practically unchewable. The portion of cream chese on the side was enough to spread on half of one half of a bagel. The nova was absolutely gross - salty, thin - very poor quality. The potato salad which came with it was worse than a grocery store bought potato salad and the fruit cup was dried out - sitting way too long - it was way too ripe. I was starving so I ate the disgusting food but my wife took her's back. The waitress said she would take her plate off the bill and did but they double charged me for drinks to try and make up for it. Did they think I was not going to notice this - I guess so. This restaurant is not a deli. It is an imitation deli that serves food to very old people in Vero Beach with little or no taste buds. WHAT A RIP OFF! Please save your money and stay clear of this highway robbery restaurant.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ate lunch at TooJay's twice during a recent visit to Vero Beach. I loved the beef and cabbage soup. On my 1st visit I split a turkey sandwich with my daughter. She loved the way the turkey was rolled but I found it a little difficult to eat as the slice of bread was very small.I had a side of potato salad which was good. Daughter didn't care for the cole slaw that came with her half sandwich. It needed more dressing. The soup was delicious, with small chunks of tender beef and well cooked cabbage in a tomato broth. On 2nd I tried the stuffed cabbage and enjoyed it as well. My daughter and I tried the dessert for two that was choice of two kinds of cake. The slices were huge and very tasty. Waitress on both visits was very friendly and answered questions we had. Will definitely go back again on my next trip to Florida.