“Kept me eating at critical time”
Review of TooJay's

TooJay's
Ranked #23 of 334 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2013

While my husband was in a rehabilitation care center (after a rib breaking fall), this restaurant kept me eating. Even though I lost 8 pounds during that time - I am so glad Too Jays was there with such a wonderful selection of food.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the pastrami on rye- rather dry, not very tasty.
My companion had the pastrami melt (I forget the name) which he liked, but he did admit the same sandwich received in Delray Beach was much tastier.
Atmosphere is great. The service very nice,
And I have had their pot roast which is delicious.
Do not order the pastrami!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place is the worst of the worst for quality and freshnesh of food. My wife and I ordered nova on a bagel with cream cheses and it was quite an experience. First of all they were out of every bagel except cina mon or pumpernickel - not much of a selection. Our pumpernickel bagels were hard as a rock - practically unchewable. The portion of cream chese on the side was enough to spread on half of one half of a bagel. The nova was absolutely gross - salty, thin - very poor quality. The potato salad which came with it was worse than a grocery store bought potato salad and the fruit cup was dried out - sitting way too long - it was way too ripe. I was starving so I ate the disgusting food but my wife took her's back. The waitress said she would take her plate off the bill and did but they double charged me for drinks to try and make up for it. Did they think I was not going to notice this - I guess so. This restaurant is not a deli. It is an imitation deli that serves food to very old people in Vero Beach with little or no taste buds. WHAT A RIP OFF! Please save your money and stay clear of this highway robbery restaurant.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ate lunch at TooJay's twice during a recent visit to Vero Beach. I loved the beef and cabbage soup. On my 1st visit I split a turkey sandwich with my daughter. She loved the way the turkey was rolled but I found it a little difficult to eat as the slice of bread was very small.I had a side of potato salad which was good. Daughter didn't care for the cole slaw that came with her half sandwich. It needed more dressing. The soup was delicious, with small chunks of tender beef and well cooked cabbage in a tomato broth. On 2nd I tried the stuffed cabbage and enjoyed it as well. My daughter and I tried the dessert for two that was choice of two kinds of cake. The slices were huge and very tasty. Waitress on both visits was very friendly and answered questions we had. Will definitely go back again on my next trip to Florida.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We’ve had an early, family dinner at TooJays several times over the past couple of months and, each time, we’ve had a very good experience. TooJays children’s menu has a nice selection of kid favorites, and our grandson (who can be hard to please) enjoyed his food. He especially liked that he could get grapes as a side order. My favorite is the Nova Salmon on a Bagel, which is an excellent sandwich and comes with a very nice side of fruit, but we’ve also tried the Shepherd’s pie, Reuben, Chicken Caesar and meatloaf—all were tasty and the portions were generous. All of the desserts we’ve tried have been absolutely delicious and large enough to share. We especially loved the Chocolate Cheese Delight (i.e., two layers of chocolate cake with a layer of cheesecake in the middle, frosted with chocolate fudge icing).

The atmosphere is average, but seating is comfortable and service is very friendly—and surprisingly attentive for such a busy and casual restaurant. Initially, we tried TooJays because we got discount coupons in the mail. We’ll go back because we enjoyed our food.

One caveat, if you order food to go, double-check that your order is correct. We ordered dessert to go and when we got home, we found cheesecake instead of the carrot cake we’d ordered. (The cheesecake was delicious, though.)