“Not a good meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th street
Description: This is the best restaurant in Vero Beach!! You can't get in without a reservation. Look at the other web sites - yelp, urban spoon, etc. 772-978-9789
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure why the restaurant appears so popular. The food is not very good. We had the ravioli and the parparadella bolognese. The sauces were tasteless and sweet, like canned pasta sauce. The Caesar salad was fairly flavorless, mainly creamy in character. Some aspects of the meal were strange - a piece of cheese and a grape on a fork as an amuse bouche? And the restaurant has no windows. The service, however, was friendly and eager to please. The restaurant was quite full, we are baffled as to why.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went on a Saturday for dinner of four. I had the Sunday Neopolitan dinner $22. This was braised short ribs with grilled peppers and Penne. It was incredible tender beef that you could cut with a fork and a wonderful gravy. The Caesar salad was grilled endives with a lovely light smoky flavor and anchovies. Excellent flavor. My wife had chicken picata which she also thought was incredible. Mother had the beautiful seared scallops with small chopped potatoes on a salad. It was also perfect. Everything on the menu must be excellent. Of course they were packed but we could all still hear each other. Everybody was happy.
Don't sit near the bar on the end half booth, you will get constantly bumped into by staff.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

recommended by a neighbor, Avanzare was perfect. Ravioli was the best I ever taste. My wife's canneloni was exquisite and light. Melon and provolone appetizer was free. Bread was good but small portions but our waiter was very attentive and kept the bread basket full. My brother's birthday was topped off with a desert and candle on the house.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I will admit it has taken a while for me to embrace Avanzare, now I will tell you it is one of my favorite places in Vero Beach, You need to know upfront though that this is not a quiet place. Or if it is quiet, you are there either very early or very late or ....... you are eating at the bar; and eating at the bar is not a bad place to be.

Their food is very, very good. The pasta is made in house and light, the sauces varied and really good and I love the veal dishes, especially Veal Avanzare. I love the little touches -- amuse bouche, sorbet and dipping sauce for their bread. Avanzare has a hip, somewhat urban feel -- something rare in laid back Vero Beach. I love it!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This restaurant food a little salty - worse antipasto I ever had. Hawaiian shirts on Host? Come on!
Its good but not great.