“Okay -- you hooked me!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avanzare Ristorante - MOVED

Avanzare Ristorante
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th street
Description: This is the best restaurant in Vero Beach!! You can't get in without a reservation. Look at the other web sites - yelp, urban spoon, etc. 772-978-9789
Evanston, Illinois
“Okay -- you hooked me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I will admit it has taken a while for me to embrace Avanzare, now I will tell you it is one of my favorite places in Vero Beach, You need to know upfront though that this is not a quiet place. Or if it is quiet, you are there either very early or very late or ....... you are eating at the bar; and eating at the bar is not a bad place to be.

Their food is very, very good. The pasta is made in house and light, the sauces varied and really good and I love the veal dishes, especially Veal Avanzare. I love the little touches -- amuse bouche, sorbet and dipping sauce for their bread. Avanzare has a hip, somewhat urban feel -- something rare in laid back Vero Beach. I love it!

Williston, Vermont
“If you have been to Scampi's - don't go here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This restaurant food a little salty - worse antipasto I ever had. Hawaiian shirts on Host? Come on!
Its good but not great.

Visited February 2013
“I would not miss this restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

WOW, this was our furdt visit, but won't be our last
We arrived about 530 and were promply seated. I would suggest reservations if going later. The waiter was execellant, knew the menu and how things were prepared. All pasta are fresh made on site.
Full bar, and reasonable prices. Im not one to provide detalis on every item, but If in Vero Beach don't miss this restuarant

Naperville, Illinois
“Outstanding food and service, conversation challenged”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The food and service at Avanzare were excellent. I had the sausage ravioli and my wife had the short rib lasagna and they were both excellent. They had a great house Chianti and the bread from the Patissere was very good. Out waitress was one of the best with lots of good recommendations and good banter. We would come back but it is very conversation challenging.

• 3 of 5 stars
Florida
“Wonderful Food....most of the time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My fourth trip here and, sorry to say, tonight's meal was my least favorite. First and foremost, this is an excellent restaurant. Every meal before tonight has been memorable. That being said, my advice is...don't get the gnocchi and rabbit. I was told there is six to eight ounces of rabbit in the dish, but as far as I could tell they left the rabbit out. All I tasted was tomato's/olives/onions. No rabbit flavors or textures what-so-ever. Don't let this review stop you from trying this wonderful place, just don't get the wabbit...er, rabbit.

• 3 of 5 stars