“Very nice pan-Asian restaurant”
Review of Kata Restaurant

Kata Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 325 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very nice pan-Asian restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

A lot of Asian restaurants in Vero serve 2 or 3 different cuisines...obviously hard to do enough business serving only Chinese or Japanese. This restaurant serves Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese, and all are quite good. I have been here four times. The first meal was Tempura, and it was only fair....Tempura takes a certain knack, and you need to serve lots of it to be any good at it....so I forgave them. The second time was at lunch, and my wife and I each had the two roll special. We each ordered different rolls, so we tried a total of four, and they were all very good. Next time we tried Vietnamese......fresh basil rolls first, then chicken pho for me, and pork bun for my wife. Her bun (noodles, meat, bean sprouts, basil with a sweet sauce) was very good. I liked my pho, because the ingredients were good, but the broth was not very "chickeny" tasting, so I added soy sauce and Schiracha to dress it up. The next time we came I ordered beef pho, and my wife ordered a sushi lunch combo....one roll and 5 different fish suchis. Sushi was great. My pho was very good....again not a rich a broth as I might want, but good, and the beef, noodles, basil, beansprouts, etc. were plentiful and good. The decor is nice. Probably our favorite Asian restaurant in Vero.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Gatorgolfer

Windsor, Canada
“Thai Food at its best”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Kata was recommended to us by some locals we met on the golf course. Interesting to note that we did not reveal our love of Thai food and this was recommended as a great place to eat in central Vero. Atmosphere was nice. we arrived fairly early as we were catching a movie that evening. It didn't take long (on a Monday) for the place to fill up. We ordered and shared the house soup and salad. Both excellent. Two stir frys. Curry with Beef and Chicken with cashew Nut. Both were awesome.

• Visited January 2012
Vero Beach, FL
“Sushi and more”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Japanese, Tai, Vietnamese food at it's best! The atmosphere is very casual but pleasant. Comfortable seating with a Sushi bar in full view so you can watch them make the various concoctions right in front of you. The friend rice is superb and the volcano chicken is too. Haven't tried many of the other dishes yet, but I'm sure they are too. Highly recommend for lunch or dinner.

Visited November 2011
vero beach, fl
“Great party room and food on par with all other sushi restaurants in Vero”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Vero Beach has a plethora of Sushi restaurant and they are all pretty more or less the same, price wise, food wise and atmosphere wise with one big exception which I will write about in another review. But the fun extra about Kata is that they both have a copious bar area where you can snack, have a nibble and a drink on comfy leather lounge chairs and they also have a large private room for parties.

Our gang started in the bar/lounge where they served us a sushi boat and we purchased our drinks. And believe me this was not a quiet crowd, with dancing four year olds and strong voiced 50 year olds....The dinner private room was adequate and the service since we all ordered our own dinners, was excellent. Dinner for our gang of 20 plus arrived in a very reasonable time frame and they let us bring in a birthday cake.

All in all this puts this restaurant a bit ahead of the others in Vero.

• Visited November 2011
Florida
“Great food, cool atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Kata has really, really good sushi/Thai/Vietnamese food. It's a little on the pricey side, but not too bad...and you get what you pay for. The service is excellent, and the place is really hip and cool. Great place to meet people for dinner or drinks since they have a really cool lounge area. Definitely one of the better sushi/Thai places in town!

• Visited March 2011