WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Montgomery, Alabama
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed there July 2 - July 5th, 2013. The check in was easy and the hotel was able to accommodate our early check in. The reception was cheerful. There were two luxury level luggage carts... however, it can be a bit of a challenge getting them into the elevator.
The hotel is fairly new, so it is updated. The beds are comfortable, the pillows are standard issue - 4 on the King Size bed. The room was equipped with a refrig, microwave, iron. Surprisingly, there wasn't a blow dryer, so if you are expecting one to be there, you will be disappointed. The bathroom is tight. It has a nice vanity with a ton of counter space, but the tub is behind the door. The towels are standard issue and sufficient in quantity. Television and free Wi-Fi worked well. One odd thing about this hotel - you must insert your room card into a reader inside the room to turn on the lights. Not a problem, but different.
They offer a full breakfast every morning. Beyond the standard fare, there are "real" eggs. The night we checked in, we were told there was a happy hour underway with snacks and beer/wine.
The hotel is well located and there is both shopping and restaurants nearby. It is a bit of a ride to the beach. The room was quiet. I observed a very nice exercise room, which no one was using. There was also a washer/dryer for customer use. I think there is a pool, but I didn't see anyone using it.
My only complaint was that the drain in the bathroom was slow to drain, which I assume housekeeping has fixed by now. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: On either side, your room will overlook the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night on my way to Miami. As opposed to the prior post, I received excellent service. My room was large, clean, and comfortable, the only negative was that one of the plugs was coming out of the wall. Definitely a good value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's not near the beach, but the accommodations are great. Just a bit of a ride to the island and the beach. A quiet location. Very comfortable, clean room. Being a solo female traveler I enjoyed
the place very much. Downtown has several art galleries that are worth visiting. The Vero Beach Museum of Art is a nice size with interesting showings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend baseball tournament. The "owner" was at the hotel and was very RUDE to all the guest. I cannot imagine why the owner would behave in such a demeaning manner . The staff was nice and the hotel was very clean . I will not stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maria P
Blackwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed two nights here, the lady that took my reservation and checked me in (after 18 hours of driving) was very kind and helpful. I even tried to show my gratification by offering her a tip to which she politely refused by saying "It's OK, I was only doing my job". I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming!
Overall the place was clean and peaceful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Brand new hotel, hotel and rooms are very clean, bed were very comfortable and clean, the only windows in our room was facing a wall...not a big deal if you are there for sleeping. Microwave was absent. I have an anecdote about the manager, the manager is in duty at the front desk for the registration from end of the afternoon to 7:30 in the evening, all customers that step in looking for a room for the night, always get the same answer, ''this is my last room'' so customer doesn't qualify for the reduction coupon like room savers as an example. Being in the business office center for 30 minutes, I was a witness of that approach by the manager for at least 3 customers. To bad, the place is nice and the breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Arrive before 3:30 pm if you have a discount coupon or later in the evening...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had to work crazy hours and decided to spend the night close to work. Got a deal so selected this hotel - was so glad I did. The beds are SO comfy, the room is very quiet, A/C made the room cool and I slept like a baby! Everyone was so friendly and nice - I accidently left an item in the room and it was packaged in plastic and left at the front desk for me the next day! This was an expensive item and I thought for sure it was gone forever, but these nice folks had it waiting form me as promised when I called! They had a little bagged breakfast for me in the morning as I left before the free buffet began...Just cannot say enough nice things about this place. Great bargain for the money too - go figure!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business