“Vero Beach Retreat”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Annapolis, Maryland
“Vero Beach Retreat”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's not near the beach, but the accommodations are great. Just a bit of a ride to the island and the beach. A quiet location. Very comfortable, clean room. Being a solo female traveler I enjoyed
the place very much. Downtown has several art galleries that are worth visiting. The Vero Beach Museum of Art is a nice size with interesting showings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend baseball tournament. The "owner" was at the hotel and was very RUDE to all the guest. I cannot imagine why the owner would behave in such a demeaning manner . The staff was nice and the hotel was very clean . I will not stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Maria P
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed two nights here, the lady that took my reservation and checked me in (after 18 hours of driving) was very kind and helpful. I even tried to show my gratification by offering her a tip to which she politely refused by saying "It's OK, I was only doing my job". I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming!
Overall the place was clean and peaceful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Laval, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Brand new hotel, hotel and rooms are very clean, bed were very comfortable and clean, the only windows in our room was facing a wall...not a big deal if you are there for sleeping. Microwave was absent. I have an anecdote about the manager, the manager is in duty at the front desk for the registration from end of the afternoon to 7:30 in the evening, all customers that step in looking for a room for the night, always get the same answer, ''this is my last room'' so customer doesn't qualify for the reduction coupon like room savers as an example. Being in the business office center for 30 minutes, I was a witness of that approach by the manager for at least 3 customers. To bad, the place is nice and the breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Arrive before 3:30 pm if you have a discount coupon or later in the evening...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had to work crazy hours and decided to spend the night close to work. Got a deal so selected this hotel - was so glad I did. The beds are SO comfy, the room is very quiet, A/C made the room cool and I slept like a baby! Everyone was so friendly and nice - I accidently left an item in the room and it was packaged in plastic and left at the front desk for me the next day! This was an expensive item and I thought for sure it was gone forever, but these nice folks had it waiting form me as promised when I called! They had a little bagged breakfast for me in the morning as I left before the free buffet began...Just cannot say enough nice things about this place. Great bargain for the money too - go figure!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Comfort Suites in awhile. I was pleasantly surprised! Right off of I-95, the location is so easy. The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable. After a long day, having a comfortable bed, hot shower and decent TV are essential. The bed was the perfect firmness with soft pillows. I was impressed with the size of the room and the bathroom. The shower was enjoyable with the changeable shower-head. My only complaint was the TV in my room only received a few channels -- about 3 or 4 24-hour religious satins, a few spanish stations and only some of the basic cable channels, no NBC at all and very few cable favorites (HGTV, Food, Lifetime, etc.) and many that were "snow". I should have contacted the front desk because at breakfast NBC came in crystal-clear. The amenities in the room were great (microwave, mini-frig, coffee maker, ergonomic desk chair). Traveling for business, this was a great room to come back to and rejuvenate and prepare for my next business day. I go to Vero Beach several times a year and this moves to the top of my list!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Somerset
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We chose this hotel as a stop over on our way from Miami to Cocoa via the Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area.
The staff at reception were extremely pleasant and our room was great. The view for the room was over the car park and the road, but as this was a stop over we weren't really there for the scenery. The room was lovely, very spacious with a fridge and microwave, possibly the largest room of our trip (we stayed in 8 over all).
There was a good selection of food at Breakfast including both hot and cold food.
The only downside for me, was that we arrived in the afternoon when it was still pretty warm, however the pool was entirely in the shade and with a breeze blowing I decided not to take a dip as drying in the sun would not be possible.
The location of this hotel would not be everyone's first choice, it is just off the interstate - but that is why we chose it. It was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple