“Interesting, fun and good food!”

Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station
Ranked #6 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are causal dinning in a yesteryear atmosphere, Step back in time as you enter our restaurant full of auto memorabilia, we think our collectibles remind us of a quieter, less hectic time when you could find a comfy seat at the corner station chat and chuckle with your neighbors. We're delighted to share our cozy reminders of those days gone by and hope you sit back,relax and enjoy a freshly prepared fabulous meal. Cruz-in and try some pistons (wings) a diesel dog or maybe a Duesenburg is more your style. Serving breakfast and lunch 6 days a week and dinner on Thursday/Friday nights.
Woodstock, Vermont
“Interesting, fun and good food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped for lunch last week and really enjoyed ourselves. Fun interior with gas station memorabilia and other Americana. We tried a fish sandwich and a cheese steak and all food was well cooked, well presented and tasted good. Would recommend to others.

Palm City, FL
“Great decor, servers and cook need training”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I wanted to like this place. I really did. It is so kitschy and pure Americana. Outside the front door is an old gas pump. The handles for the front door and bathrooms are gas nozzles. You wait for an “attendant” to seat you, according to the sign. Napkins are red rags like they use in auto repair shops. There is car and garage “stuff” everywhere you look.

The menu items with car names like lug nuts (deep fried mushrooms) are unique and sandwiched between covers made of old license plates. The servers wear overalls. The hand towels in the bathroom are those blue sheets that are used to clean car windshields.

Now let’s get down to what was wrong. The service was very poor. My companion and I waited about 15 minutes to put in our lunch order. The waitress misunderstood part of my order and brought fried potato chips instead of french fries. That wasn’t so bad, but before she went back to the kitchen to request the fries I said, please tell the cook not to heavily salt the fries (the chips were practically inedible because of all the salt). They arrived so loaded with salt that they, too, were inedible. The restaurant was kind enough not to charge us for them, but I would rather have enjoyed eating them. I asked the waitress three times for ketchup and mustard for my hamburger. I finally gave up and grabbed a bottle of ketchup from a table someone had vacated and never did get my mustard.

My companion thoroughly enjoyed his tuna sandwich in pita bread, and my Angus burger on a ciabatta roll was pretty good. It was cooked medium, not rare as I requested.

Then back to the service challenge. It took quite a while to pay the bill.

My suggestion would be that the owner/management spend a little more time training their help. It would have made our experience so much better. I'd be willing to try the place again if I knew they had addressed those issues I outlined.

• Visited April 2013
jeff M, Owner at Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
WOW, we dropped the ball on this one, we rarely get a bad review on our service but add to that an over-cooked Angus burger, and a heavy handed salt shaker? As the owner, this Sorta upsets me to see this, I am really sorry, We will definately address this immediately. It's easy to make a fun atmosphere, the challange is always the service and food quality. We spend much time in these areas teaching and trainning our staff. Thank you for your review, it helps us tremendously! I'm asking that this customer please give us another try, we know you will really like us, really!
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Best breakfast in Vero Beach”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I have a winter home in Vero Beach and have checked out many breakfast places. Mrs. Mac's wins hands down. Usually there is a short wait, but not a big deal as there are benches outside to sit.

Coffee is o.k., nothing to right home about, but from there it all gets better! Be sure to order a ragtop caramel roll, as they are to die for! Get your own, don't share. :-)

I usually order the Rambling Scramble, which is a combination of things, and comes in a nice sized dish. I haven't ever ordered anything bad here. Be sure to get the breakfast potatoes if your meal doesn't come with them.

Help is always very friendly and polite. You just can't go wrong going here for breakfast, trust me.

• Visited April 2013
jeff M, Owner at Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our restaurant, we always appreciate a good review, to build up our morale. But as all can see not everyone is always happy with us, so we really have to stay on our toes to keep up our quality and service. I will check into the coffee and see if we can't make it better for your next visit, again thank you for supporting us hope to see you soon.
“great atmosphere is all”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

awesome concept and great atmosphere but the food is nothing special whatsoever. their clame to fame is a pecan roll, split and grilled served with syrup. if you are a car nut check it out and support local business.

• Visited February 2013
I always wonder what we did wrong to recieve a not so good review on our food, We pride ourselves in quality food wtih good prices. Not sure why you would call it a Pecan roll with syrup, It's actually a Rag Top (Sticky bun) and is not served with syrup ,It is not our claim to fame. If anything is our claim to fame it would be, for breakfast, the omelets and homefries, for lunch it would be our Burgers and cottage fries. We have been serving Vero Beach for almost 13 years now with fresh innovative food and I challange this customer to stop by again and give us a try. We always welcome criticsm good or bad and will always strive to serve our customers the best we can.
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Fill Um Up”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant at great price. A lot of fun and the staff helps "fuel up" the customers. There are a lot of food prices with funky names...all automotive related.

Highly recommend particularly for families.