“Funky place with 50's car memorabilia that's fun for all ages”

Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station
Ranked #6 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are causal dinning in a yesteryear atmosphere, Step back in time as you enter our restaurant full of auto memorabilia, we think our collectibles remind us of a quieter, less hectic time when you could find a comfy seat at the corner station chat and chuckle with your neighbors. We're delighted to share our cozy reminders of those days gone by and hope you sit back,relax and enjoy a freshly prepared fabulous meal. Cruz-in and try some pistons (wings) a diesel dog or maybe a Duesenburg is more your style. Serving breakfast and lunch 6 days a week and dinner on Thursday/Friday nights.
South Florida, Florida
“Funky place with 50's car memorabilia that's fun for all ages”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Don't miss this affordable, fun (mostly) lunch place with "grease cloths" for napkins and license plates with menus, plus tasty home-made potato chips and menu items names for car parts, with waiters named for cars, like "Charger".

Visited April 2012
jeff M, Owner at Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for the great review, we really try hard to serve our guests with the very best food and service we can. Funky I really like the expression for our restaurant.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Great Quirky Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My collegue and I have lunch at Mrs. Mac's several times a week. Friendly and funny service paired with great diner food and a unique environment make for a great meal at great prices! We keep going back and love the fact that the food matches the decor and everything is consistent!

Visited March 2013
Sebastian, Florida
“Good filling food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Generous portions and reasonable prices. Food was what was expected and served in a timely manner so it was still hot

Visited March 2012
Cleveland Heights
“Really not worth it.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Interesting idea, nice decor but the food is mediocre, at best. I had the eggs benedict....ok, maybe not the best choice to order in a "filling station". They were pretty bad. And the home fries were worse. Undercooked. I felt a little sick when I left. To be fair, the children with me enjoyed the pancakes immensely...although they are not that choosy about pancakes.

• Visited January 2013
We appriciate all reviews, they help us to better ourselves,but WOW we really pride ourselves in our breakfast food quality, we serve over 50 orders of eggs benidict a week and never has anyone expressed they should not be ordered at a "Fillin' Station". Fresh poached eggz with smoked canadian bacon, on a toasted Thomas english muffin topped with our own holandaise sauce yum yum.I believe, since it appears you review often, that if your food is not up to your expectations you should let your server or management know so that the problem with what you are eating may be resolved. As an owner I would rather please our gusets so that all our customers leave satisfied.
Cocoa Beach, FL
“At Mrs. Mac’s Fillin’ Station, They “Fill Your Tummy Not Your Tank””
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I only heard about this restaurant a year ago but did not get the chancre to visit until this week. It is over an hour away from where I live. Last year one of my friends traveled from the Melbourne area just to come for breakfast and enjoyed it immensely. It sounded like a fun place and I was not disappointed with my visit. Although it is located in a small nondescript strip mall, right from the exterior, I knew that this would be a unique experience. An old fashion Mobil gas pump sits in front of the very casual restaurant to welcome diners. Step inside and gaze around the restaurant and you will not believe what you will find on the red and white painted brick walls and throughout the restaurant. Everything relating to vintage or reproduction “automobilia” and memorabilia fill this cozy place.

While waiting for service, I scanned the walls trying to remember the funky décor: many license places, road signs, a traffic light, hubcaps, oil & car company signs plus nostalgic soft drink bottles, cigarette signs and so much more. Soda Pop wooden crates, wash boards, huge potato chip and lard tin cans, antique car models and even an old phonograph fill corners and shelves. The tables and booths have black checkered tablecloths. They remind me of the checkered flag that the winning race car driver sees as he crosses the finish line. Unique service station red rags hold utensils.

The place is not that big but large enough to accommodate my group of about 33 people. We descended on the restaurant, which was already very busy when we arrived well before 12 noon. We squeezed into white washed wooden booths big enough for six people and smaller tables, too. Our group received menus before we entered the restaurant. This was good because there are many American food choices on the regular menu. The categories of choices have names such as Starters & Additives, Fuels & Fill ’er Ups, Car Hop Specials, Rumple Seats (Kids Menu) and The Final Lap (homemade desserts.) What fun!

At our booth, we all chose Cheeseburgers under Hub Caps. We could not decide between the Special Cheeseburger, $5.25 topped with sautéed onions, mushrooms & melted cheese, or, the regular Cheeseburger topped with your choice of cheese, $4.50 with added lettuce and tomato The server let us order the burgers topped with everything listed above. All the burgers are 1/3 lb. of fresh Angus Beef. The meals arrive with juicy pickle spears and usually come with popcorn. For our large group, the burgers automatically arrived with delicious cottage fries. We also tasted the wonderfully fresh warm chips. For vegetarians there is also a Veggie Burger listed.

Those in our group who ordered the STP Chef’s Salad, $7.25 raved about it. One person ordered the Ham Sedan Sandwich, $5.95 served on a Pita or Sub Roll. Some ordered the Tuna-Up, $7.75, which is homemade Tuna with mayo, onion, celery & apple, served in a Pita or a Sub Roll with lettuce & tomato. Others ordered the restaurant’s most popular Pita, the Ferrari Built Pita, $6.25, which is a fresh Pita Bread, filled with ham, salami, pepperoni, provolone cheese, mayo, sweet onions, shredded lettuce and ripe tomatoes. It comes with herbs and a special sauce. You can also order it on a Sub Roll or in a Tortilla Wrap. All of us enjoyed our meals.

Other fun sounding lunch choices are The Cruisers - 6 Philadelphia Steak Sandwiches, $5.95-7.50 and Tail Pipes - four hot dog choices. For those with lighter appetites, there are nine appetizers, homemade Soup of the Day or Radiator Chili, $2.50-$3.95. The drink menu lists Root Beer Float, Fountain Soda Pop, Ice Tea, Bottled Water, Vitamin Water, Juices, Chocolate Milk, Milk, Coffee or Hot Tea. There is even a Super Duper Hot Chocolate for $2.50. Bottles beers are $2.25 and up. No one in our group ordered dessert but all are homemade or baked including Key Lime Pie, Cookies, Peanut Butter Pie, Sticky Bun and Ice Cream. I wish that I could have ordered the Take-Home 6-Pack of Sticky Buns but I did not want them sitting around for several more hours without refrigeration.

Our large party received friendly and very accommodating service throughout lunch even though our group taxed the kitchen and the servers. Our server stopped by several times to refill beverages and supple extra napkins. Everyone, in fact, was very welcoming and helpful. The servers enjoyed playing their role with fun names such as Beemer, Jaguar and Mercedes. We were in and out in less than 1 hour and a half. Several of us stopped by the display case filled with bottles of hot sauces, collectibles, Mrs. Mac’s T-Shirts and fun items for sale I saw cute Goodyear tire ash trays and old fashion gas pump shakers. If I am ever in the Vero Beach area again, I will absolutely return for lunch. I really enjoyed this unique and fun restaurant. I saw several kinds of Quesadillas listed and a Turkey Ruben that I would like to order on future visits. My only complaints were that I could not get a rare burger and that it was a tight squeeze with six of us in the booth. Other than that, I love the place. Prices are very fair. All the food is prepared fresh. Fried foods are prepared with cholesterol free cooking oils and without trans fats. I suggest that you try it when you are in the Vero Beach area. Oh, before you leave, please check out the extra large clean restrooms filled with still more memorabilia. The restaurant is also opened for dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It is closed on Sundays. If you are ever in the Key West area, try Mrs. Mac Kitchen, a local favorite and the recipient of many awards and recognitions.

• Visited January 2013