“A real New Orleans Experience”
Review of The French Quarter - CLOSED

The French Quarter
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We hadn't been there in years and they are under new ownership. I Ordered the Garlic Soft Shell Crabs over the Steak with Carmelised Onions. Our Waiter assured me it would be just as filling. He was on the money - it was filling and it was amazing. Slightly crunchy, slightly breaded with a "just Right" amount of Garlic and full of delicious crab meat. My wife had the crab cakes and boy were we in for a big surprise. A huge beautiful platter with Fried Green Tomatoes, Crab Cakes, spicy red sauce rice spicy shrimp and garlic steamed vegetables. We ordered a House Cabernet which was a Two Vines for $28, I was dissapointed to see a $10 bottle of Publix/Supermartket wine as their Hose when there are so many Great Boutique wines out there, but the wine was ok. It was out of season, so not too busy. There are lots of beautiful New Orleans Paintings on the walls and they have outside dining. There happened to be three other couples at other tables having a romantic evening. One little thing I missed from the old restaurant was the square of home made scalloped potatoes, overall it was lovely dining experience.

2  Thank LEvoyeur

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Took some friends to the French Quarter in Vero Beach the other night, it was fantastic! The service was great! Food was incredible! I highly recommend the Main Lobster, available on Thursday's but they like you to call on Wed. so they can get it fresh!! Atmosphere was great, the Chef came out to make sure everything was just right. These guys take alot of pride in their work and it shows! Very friendly and well worth the money! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant, truly a unique experience and I assure you, you won't be dissatisfied!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had a wonderful experience eating dinner at the French Quarter last night with family & friends. The food was incredible & service wonderful. Has easily become our family's favorite place to dine.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

No big deal Kind of expensive too. Went for our Anniversary but wont be back there are so many other really good places around

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The first time we went there, we both had great meals. I think we were only disappointed that they didn't have a full bar (am I right about that?). The second time, I had a good meal but my husband didn't. He was sick the next day. When I called to tell the French Quarter, they said, "There's a flu going around." Hmmm.....