“Really disappointed”
Review of Amalfi Grille

Amalfi Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 333 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Come see us in our new location mid-November!
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Service was poor, food was to salty, they charge $3.00 more for a caesar salad that it made hour before with no taste, my linguini carbonara was so salty that they were terrible and the washroom was so dirty, and they charge $ 1.00 for anchovies ?? Really a bad experience

1  Thank Johannelv1

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We went here for lunch last winter, and thought it was wonderful. Since then they have moved to larger, but less interesting quarters on the Miracle Mile. We went with a group of 8 couples, and had an early reservation in a side room. The decor in the new place is less interesting than the old one....typical nice restaurant. I ordered a Caesar salad and lobster fra diavolo. It also had clams and mussels in addition to the lobster tail. It was pretty good, but not outstanding. My wife had a veal dish, which she also said was good, but not outstanding. That seemed to be the consensus of the group.....a variety of dishes....veal chops, snapper, veal cutlets, pasta, etc. and all said is was good to very good, but not exceptional...not cheap either...bill was about $60/person including alcohol and tip....

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had an early reservation so it was not busy when we arrived. We were greeted by one person, another took our name & sat us at our table, & then yet another came over and asked us if we'd like water. He brought the water & we were then given menus by a woman who never introduced herself as our server and promptly left. We had now been there @ least 15 minutes & still didn't know who our server was. The same woman returned later to take our orders. We were brought a basket of bread/ no butter & a container of creamy looking dressing (which we believed to be for the house salad my husband ordered.) There were oil & vinegar bottles on the table, but no herbs or black pepper. Then my husbands salad came with the house dressing already on it which was citrusy (he didn't like it) ...apparently the dressing brought earlier was for the bread? Razor clams app was wonderful,dinners were very good, fettucine carbonara and veal parm, both decent portions too. I had been told to save room for dessert by a friend who had recommended this place. She knows I am a dessert-aholic. The server didn't ask us if we wanted dessert, but I inquired. She informed us there wasn't a dessert menu, as the desserts are made daily and she named off about 6 or 7. We ordered Lemoncello cake and Triple Chocolate cake. The portions were on the small side & they didn't appear fresh. Had they been, I believe they both would have both been excellent, but unfortunatley the exteriors were hard & dry with a slight funk taste to them (as if they were refridgerated or frozen awhile). This was extremely dissapointing, especially since they were $9.00 each.

Overall thoughts: there should be a choice of salad dressing (or at least put on the side- not everyone likes citrus dressing), app/dinners good, staff/server's communication was lacking as there were no introductions & no explanations of menu & preparation, and if you are going to tell the customer the desserts are made fresh daily they should be..or at least taste like it.

2  Thank Luvdessert
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My friend and I called for a reservation for 6:30 on 12/4/2013. They told us we could dine at 6:00, which was fine with us. We were seated in a nice comfortable booth. Our waiter, John, took our drink order and then explained the menu to us. He was great! I ordered Zuppa di Vongole Casino, and my companion had Cozze. They were both excellent. While eating, Bob Rose, the owner came over to chat with us and to explain what his restaurant does. He is extremely passionate about his food and restaurant, which he should be. My companion had Veal Saltimbocca and I had Arogosta Fra Diablo. The meals were fantastic! Bob came over and sat with us and explained that he only uses the finest ingredients. Try to save room for desert. It is not on the menu, but they are fantastic. We shared the Blueberry bread pudding and it was the best we ever had. We will definitely be returning here many times.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went to the Amalfi Grille last evening, and would go again. The good: The service team works very well together. Each member of the team is devoted to excellent customer service nd any member of the team, as they walk by you table is more than happy to accommodate your resquest. Thisis the sign of good restaurant management.

My father had the pasta fagioli as his starter and actually offered me a taste (something he never does!)
I had the penne with vodka sauce and he had veal piccata. Both dishes were well made and nicely spiced.

The only drawback: The house salad, which was bland and I could tell the salad had been made earlier that afternoon.

Overall, great service, great entrees, fix the house salad and you’re there.
Still would certainly return.