“What a Wondrful Dinner”
Review of Amalfi Grille

Amalfi Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come see us in our new location mid-November!
Miami Beach, Florida
“What a Wondrful Dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a long day of driving and visiting family, my cousin suggested a wonderful Italian restaurant called the Amalfi Grill. Tucked aside a major road, the dining room was pleasant, the service terrific, and the food wonderful.

The ingredients are authentic imported Italian cheeses, Parmesan Reggiano, Pecorino Romano, Asiago, and Provolone. The salads were just the right size. Remember Italian restaurants offer; antipasti, secondi, primi plati, and save room for desert. I had the Penne Melanzane which is a light pomodoro sauce, eggplant, and fresh mozzarella. My wife had the Pollo alla Pilar (named after the owner’s wife) chicken breast, peas, prosciutto, mushrooms, marsala, touch of marinara. We shared and enjoyed both entrees.

The portions are generous, the hospitality was great, and the prices in line for the value of a great Italian meal.

I highly recommend this casual style restaurant where the food, atmosphere, service is wonderful.

2 Thank Steven N

Boston
“Very good food”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had heard some mixed reviews about the Amlafi Grille; driving around the waterfront we stumbled upon the restauant at dinner time and gave it a try; glad we did. Without a reservation we had to wait about 20 minutes but sat a bar for a drink. By the time we were seated the bar filled in and all patrons were ordering dinner.

We asked our waiter to recommend her favorite meals and we took her advice. Food was very good; well seasoned and offered a lot of food. I would recomment the anipasta salad it is a full meal by itself; can feed 3 to 4 as an appetizer. If I went back I would order this and a soup and call it a meal.

Food, atmoshere and staff all good and I recommend.

One oddity; rest rooms are in a shared area outside the restaurant and you walk past a nail salon which kills your smell sense for a few minutes.

1 Thank Savannah2011
florida
“one of vero's better restaurants”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

context: vero beach has NO outstanding restaurants (this has always bewildered me because it's a wealthy town). amalfi is one of the better ones but you have to order carefully. they do some things very well (fried oyster appetizer special, veal chop, linguini with clams) others are insipid (house and caesar salads) while with others (cavatelli, some other pastas) the use of garlic is excessive. bread is ok. the 14 oz "center cut" ny strip steak was just ok but it's hard for me to believe that it is really prime beef, as proclaimed, and absolutely not worth the $45 price tag. service is usually friendly and efficient. noise level is usually not a problem. lots of parking.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Expensive good Italian food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Great food and pricey. Small and charming with the kitchen in clear sight of the dining room. One of my favorite Italian
places for a special evening out. Waiters attentive and knowledgable about the menu.

Visited March 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On the recommendation of the hotel concierge, I dined at Amalfi Grille in April of 2013. The food was really outstanding. It is a bit difficult to find but well worth the search. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013