“Real Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Scampi Grill
Ranked #3 of 318 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Scampi Grill is a multi-regional Italian Cuisine Bistro that is located in the heart of downtown Vero Beach, Florida. The Scampi Grill starts with the freshest ingredients possible then with the perfect touch, they add their own secret ingredients. ensuring each delicious dish is truly a one-of-a-kind work of art.
“Real Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything was wonderful!

Managed to wander in without a reservation (which I don't think is the norm?) when we decided to explore outside of Disney for our first anniversary dinner!
It happened to be "couples night" which meant 2 apps 2 entrees & a bottle of wine for only $50! What a deal! My only regret is that we did not get the fresh mozzarella app or dessert :(

I'll now have to settle for a year old cake tier & wait until next time we are in Vero....

Anyway - try this place... You won't be sorry!

Bristol
“Great service, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We picked the Scampi Grill based on positive reviews from other TripAdvisor travelers, and we were not disappointed. As others have said, the atmosphere is great. We started with a caprese salad, which was divine. For a main entree I had veal scallopini with a wonderful light, lemony sauce, and my husband also had veal and enjoyed it very much. Our waiter, Mikey, was awesome. His recommendations were right on target. The prices were very reasonable and if we weren't so full from the great dinner, we would have shared one of the desserts. One teeny, tiny suggestion...how about adding the option of gelato or ice cream for dessert? I would have loved to have had just a scoop of chocolate gelato and would have gladly paid just as much for that as for the regular desserts, but Mikey said...no. Oh well, it was terrific just the same.

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Traditional Italian Meal Your Mama Would Envy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Scampi Grill is truly a hidden gem, and I am very fortunate to stumble upon it. In a very unassuming small, strip mall, you would never thought twice about it. However, when you step inside, the atmosphere is very intimate and romantic. The decor, lighting, table set up, and the aroma from the kitchen brought back fond memories when I was in Italy. The service was exceptional. The waiter/waitress were very knowledgable of the dinner and wine menu. The price was very reasonable. The quality of food was 1st class. I can only describe the food as something MAMA would envied. Everything was done by scratch and the taste was heavenly. I went to the Scampi Grill 3 times and not been disappointed. Consistency is what I look in a restaurant. It sets themselves from the others. It is the foundation that makes a restaurant successful.

1 Thank cyrus p
West Point, New York
“Quaint old style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

A off the beaten path location. Very intimate space. Appetizers were blackened scallops over greens,prepared nicely scallops somewhat small but very tasty. Calamari which was grilled not breaded with a tangy sauce,very tender with a few exceptions.

Main course was grouper francaise,sauce was good fish cooked properly. The Trio was scallops & shrimp over angel hair. Scallops translucent,shrimp good but could have been larger.

Service by Mike was good. Only miss was he forgot to bring bread I wanted for dipping in the sauce. Only gave 2 individual pieces of bread.

Dessert was a cannoli with a different interpretation than a traditional NY Style. Shell was flat and cheese had a orange flavoring. Overall a good surprise.

Would definitely return,good quality for a fair price. With 2 drinks apiece 130 including tip.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NATIVENy08
“One of Vero's hidden Gems! Food, Service, Wine List AAA+++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Wanting to try a new place, I stumbled upon Scampi Grill in Vero and wow, am I glad I did =)
Tucked away in an old 2 story building on 11th just off US1, you can drive past this place (for years if you are like me) and never notice it. I guarantee that once you do find it however, you'll make it a regular stop. Upon entering you will be greeted by the sounds of happy diners enjoying terrific Italian fare in a pseudo formal atmosphere, I was in shorts with an oxford shirt and felt perfectly well dressed. The smells coming from the open kitchen set the stage for an evening of excellent food with a broad menu, requests are encouraged too and my server, John, was most attentive and professional yet chatty and personable. I started out with the soup of the day, a seafood compilation in a tomato base, conch, fish and mussels, delicious and just right. I was drinking the house Chianti at $8 a glass and was more than satisfied but will order a bottle next visit to share with my guest of course. I asked for and received a veal Marsala that was not on the menu, the veal was tender and ample and the sauce, while not the best Marsala I have had, was still excellent and I recommend it to all. My dining partner had one of the specials, a Grouper in Vodka sauce, this too was superb, fresh and visually appealing as well. All in all, a great eatery with nice fresh ingredients of high quality, first class staff and a fun atmosphere. Try it, you'll enjoy it too.

2 Thank Johnny B