“Won't go back”

Scampi Grill
Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Scampi Grill is a multi-regional Italian Cuisine Bistro that is located in the heart of downtown Vero Beach, Florida. The Scampi Grill starts with the freshest ingredients possible then with the perfect touch, they add their own secret ingredients. ensuring each delicious dish is truly a one-of-a-kind work of art.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had reservations for the "Chef's Table" to celebrate 2 birthday's in our party of 4 on March 16th. When we arrived at 6:20 for our 6:30 reservation, the owner told us we were late for our 6:00 reservation and therefore, could not seat us at the special table we had requested because the next reservation was for 6:30. He said we could have a table in the crowded dining room, which was not at all what we had wanted for our celebration. When we checked with the person who had reserved the table for us, he verified that our reservation had been made for 6:30. I find it really ridiculous that the owner would even say such a thing - since when would you make a reservation for 6:00 and then the next one for 30 minutes later for the same table? Although we have been there other times and had a very enjoyable time, this was the 2nd time we've had an issue when we reserved the "Chef's Table" and it won't happen again because we will bring our business elsewhere. It was an unfortunate situation but the attitude of the owner was inexcusable. We did not dine there that night, and had a delightful dinner elsewhere.

3  Thank 77Chris77
scampigrill, Owner at Scampi Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

For some part she is correct. However, she failed to mention my server Micheal and I were very apologetic for Micheal's mistake when he booked the "Chef's Table" for her when the table was already reserved at 6:30. He also made a crucial mistake by making their reservation at 6:00pm, when they arrived at 6:20, I was forced to give their table away. We are in season and my staff need to make money, we encounter daily, parties that do not show and therefore I give the table to someone that is a waiting. I would also like to mention that I pleaded with a group of customers that I personally know to relocate to the patio so that they could be inside, but in the end they decided that I purposely changed the reservation and left. At Scampi Grill, We go beyond our means to accommodate our guests, but we are HUMAN and sometimes we make a mistake. Sometimes as a whole we need to start thinking that this is a SMALL BUSINESS that strives for customer service and not a Box Store. I apologized before and I will apologized again!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Met friends here before a show. The service was very good. The food was delicious. A couple of us had Veal Piccata & it was very good. Every one enjoyed their selection. The restaurant was small & intimate.

2  Thank Grammy456
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food was delicious, service adequate and friendly. However, the tables were crammed in like sardines, people bumping into your chair constantly - very annoying. They've tried to accommodate way too many customers in such a confined space.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent quality with authentic Italian selections. Interior seating tight. Service was attentive. Try pasta dishes with clear or wine sauce.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great tasting food with the ambiance of a true Italian ristorante! Service was very professional and meal was very hot. The waiter was very accommodating as to meeting our dietary needs, as well.
Also I love to see an involved and working owner.Definitely go there!! you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank capegirl50