“Quality is Diminishing”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Quality is Diminishing”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was quite disappointed at the how small the portions have gotten. The food quality is not as good as it has been in the past. The service is excellent, as well as the wine and liquor but the main courses were mediocre. I was surprised my steak came with french fries and not something more exciting such as a scalloped potato or risotto side. No attention to detail on this dish. I was also surprised there were only 2 steak options, the other I believe was a steak Au Poivre. It was also over done and not tender a waste of over $32. Our other diners at our party had several fish entrees and they were all quite small portions as well. They need to do something different and more creative to remain competitive. The restaurant was not busy at all.

2 Thank Antoine M

Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“The "BEST" Restaurant in Vero Beach”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Chef Leanne, with Claudia manning the front of the house, and you have the principle ingredients for a top restaurant. They have been doing this since 2000. The restaurant is located in a bungalow one block off the beach. The service is always the best in town thanks to the watchful eye of Claudia. Chef Leanne's creativity includes some our favorites:

ASIAN INSPIRED STEAK TARTARE, with
MINCED STERLING SILVER TENDERLOIN / SHALLOTS / TOASTED SESAME SEEDS / DRY ROASTED PEANUTS / AVOCADO / LIME / GINGER / SATAY, IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

THE GRILLED PEAR SALAD OF
ROMAINE / RADICCHIO / BELGIAN ENDIVE / GORGONZOLA CRUMBLES / CARAMELIZED PEARS / CANDIED WALNUT CONFETTI / CHAMPAGNE DIJON IS MY FAVORITE.

THE PEPPERCORN CRUSTED FILET MIGNON
STERLING SILVER ANGUS / CRISPY SMOKEHOUSE BACON / CARAMELIZED ONION CONFIT / MELTED GORGONZOLA / CRISPY SHALLOT STRINGS / PEPPERCORN SAUCE IS THE FAVORITE OF MANY.

CRISPY ROAST MAPLE LEAF FARM HALF DUCK -32-
WHIPPED POTATOES / BUTTERED HARICOT VERTS / GLAZED CARROTS / SAUCE OF THE MOMENT IS OUTSTANDING.

Chef Leanne makes sure every item placed on your table is always the best the kitchen can roll out. Nothing leaves the kitchen without her approval. The Tides has an excellent wine selection as well as a full bar. You can dine inside or out. There are also several high-tops and a small bar if you are by yourself and just want to order a quick drink and appetizer.

My wife and I don't always agree on much of anything but we are both totally in sync on the Tides. Vero beach has several excellent top notch restaurants. We give The Tides Vero Beach's highest marks. Hope you will enjoy the Tides as much as we do.

Sebastian, Florida
“Fabulous Birthday Dinner at the Tides!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I and my sister-in law and brother- in law had dinner at the Tides- we were having a birthday celebration and an anniversary celebration. We had a reservation and I would recommend it. The restaurant is very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. It is on the high end of the available restaurants in the area but the outstanding menu and fantastic food items make it all worthwhile. We have visited the Tides many times and have always had an excellent experience. Consistently a favorite spot,

Visited January 2014
Jamestown, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paying attention to detail . . .”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had the privilege of experiencing an amazing evening and meal tonight at The Tides. I arrived a little before 8:00 pm and was greeted by a cheerful person by the name of Claudia Arens who happens to be an owner/operator of the establishment. I was given multiple choices for seating but opted for a seat at the outdoor bar that only has 5 or 6 bar stools. I was greeted by a sincere and genuine bartender by the name of Greg who instantly made me feel like I was a regular even though it was my first time there. The following two hours were filled with constant conversation as well as a never empty wine glass ! My meal arrived eloquently presented with a generous serving of beef fillet topped with caramelized crumbled blue cheese and lightly coated onion straws and three crisp asparagus !!! The beef was cooked to perfection as were the side of mashed potatoes. The genuine conversation over a two hour period made me feel as if I was visiting a friend I hadn't seen in years and the food made me make reservations for two days later !!! If you are dining alone or with your significant other sit at the bar and enjoy the experience that Greg will provide !!! This place is feels small and intimate and all of the people that work here work hard at making your experience memorable !!!!!!

1 Thank Paul M
New York City, New York
“Great spot in Vero Beach!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I came the other night with a larger group for my first time, but for many others it was their local go to spot. I was very impressed with not only the food but the quality of the service staff. Our waitress was excellent. I wish I could remember her name. She was very helpful in making suggestions and of course was always on top of drinks, water and clearing the table. The food was fantastic. I started with the grilled pear salad and then had the sea bass special. Others at my table had the fried oysters, grouper, filet, beet salad etc. Everyone was very happy with their meal at the end and no one had any complaints. I highly recommend the Tides to anyone in the area or just coming down to visit.

Visited January 2014