The Reef Ocean Resort
$92
$80
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
$134
$124
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
$91
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
$110
SpringHill Suites
$259
$233
Costa d'Este Beach
Sea Turtle Inn(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$169
$127
$325
$279
  • Pool
All reviewstime sharehot tubone bedroom unitfacing the streetper loadhousekeeping staff aregas bbqsvacation spotsmall studioolder placesleeper sofabest kept secretpickle barhouse keepingon a daily basisshort walkfront office
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We just came back yesterday from a week at Ocean Reef. We own a timeshare there but I doubt we'll be back. The apartment was cramped but our big family is used to that. My biggest complaint is about the ants. We had to put all our food in the fridge to keep them away. One night as we ate dinner the ants got into our leftovers. It was gross. We complained but nothing was done. The beach is not very pleasant but the pool area was lovely. The wifi was spotty at best which was a disappointment since I needed it to work. The other vacationers were super nice, though, which made it a fun atmosphere for our family.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank nrenick
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family enjoyed staying at this small resort through an Interval exchange. Even though this is an older property and fairly small (60 rooms?) we had a great vacation. Some reviewers complained about parking, but we had no problems. We received a parking permit when we checked in and displayed it on the dashboard. Some rooms have older, non-HDTVs but I guess that just encourages you to spend more time on the beach! There were only a few resort-sponsored activities during the week. Families with small children should know that there is no kiddie pool. The one pool has a deep end of 9 feet and a shallow end of 4 feet. The manager talked about plans to upgrade all rooms to HDTV and to add more activities. If you want to stay a few feet from the beach and just relax, this is the place. If you were any closer to the ocean, you'd be sleeping with the fishes!

Room Tip: There are a few "beach-front" rooms and a few "beach-view" rooms. The other rooms are near the road. The manager said many exchangers end up in the small rooms by the road. You are still just a few feet from the beach. It depends on which rooms are available when you exchange. We were fortunate to be near the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MJ_Otown
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The resort is located in a wondrful area, right on the beach, a short walk to many great places to eat and drink. It is clean, the staff is helpful and we would certainly stay there again. It is a simple place, not full of fancy extras but a solid value. .

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank David S
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The Reef is located on the beach. It's less then 20 feet from my door to the beautiful white sands of Vero Beach. If your looking for waterfront rooms, you'll find it here.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank superdave2001
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed in a one bedroom, oceanside, second floor unit.

The best thing about Ocean Reef is the location!!!!! The ocean front location was wonderful. The actual units are well kept, with many ground keeper types staff present and available. The decor in the unit is somewhat dated, but I was willing to overlook that because the unit was clean and like I said, the location was wonderful.

I have come to appreciate staying in a smaller complex rather than a large resort type accommodation. It is quieter, has easier parking, friendlier, and the best thing......the units are only two stories, so we never had to enter a high rise and wait for an elevator and tote our beach gear up and down and all around. I could leave our room and be at the pool in 30-45 seconds! We never had to scramble for a chair by the pool either! Some places I have stayed involve a lot of strategy to get a lounge chair!

I can say that the one bedroom unit really is meant for two people. I can not imagine having more than two. The bed was comfortable.

Vero Beach itself was great.....peaceful, quiet, nice people. Not much traffic. Could walk from Reef Ocean to several restaurants, etc. Some days we didn't even drive anywhere.

This is a great place for couples.

The only thing I could suggest is that it would be nice for the property to provide chairs on the beach. Since many people use air travel to get to Florida, it is impossible to bring chairs/etc along. There were no chairs during our week long stay.

Overall, I liked it!!