Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Citrus Motel(Vero Beach)
  • Pool
1,268 results
All reviewsdvc membersmini golfcabin roomcharacter breakfastcast memberspirate shipdisney vacation clubdisney propertieswelcome homemain buildingcamp firedisney magicdisney qualityshutters restauranthilton headkids activitiesgreen room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed for a week in one of the 3 bedroom cottages. It was a vacation I will never forget.
It's a Disney Resort without the hectic scramble of scheduling visits to the parks. Character dinner, refillable mugs, Pool Party, water slide... it's all there! The staff was great. I think I was smiling from the minute we walked into the lobby until the minute we left. Just be aware that the staff here are definitely more laid back than the hotels at WDW. So most times things did take a bit longer than you may expect, including, check-in, check-out, being seated for dinner, etc. But its a beachside resort, things are supposed to be laid back and relaxing!

We were there with our 4 yr old and 1 yr old. And both sets of grandparents. Pluse one other adult couple. EVERYONE had a fabulous time. We visit Disney often and decided to skip the parks this year and try out Vero Beach. What a great decision!! My 4 yr old had the time of his life. He won a bronze medal in the water slide competition for his age group and proudly stood on the podium while the staff hummed the Olympic song! It was priceless. Disney's reputation shines through in every corner of this place. (Including the prices, which is the only down point!) The campfire was great. All the catchy camp songs with clapping and jumping around, then s'mores.... he loved every second of it.... as did the rest of us.

The cottage had an absolutely amazing view! Breathtaking. And it was big - It had more than enough room to house 3 families. The ladies who came to clean every day did a fantastic job and were so nice! There was a bathroom in every bedroom. The one thing that struck us as odd was that there was no powder room upstairs where the kitchen/living are was. So you had to go down through the bedrooms to get to your respective bathrooms. But by no means did that hinder anything, we just thought it was odd considering the set up and size of the place.

I must say, spring for a FULL ocean view room. The view is unbelievable. I am not usually one to pick the higher level room based on "view" per say, but I think that this is one time you might want to request a full blown ocean view, because its part of the WOW factor.

There is not a lot of variety as far as where to eat. We ate a Shutters 5 nights and ate up in the Green Cabin Room 1 night. The lack of restaraunts did not bother us at all, but I know some people may like a little variety. You can go off the resort but everything is at least 9-10 miles aways. We went to a Walmart and stocked up on drinks, snacks, and some lunch food the first day so we were good to go for the whole week. The pirate character dinner was fun. Our son FLIPPED over Goofy and Donald. The food is family style BBQ: pulled pork, ribs, brisket, mac n cheese, corn, etc. It was all good. We also did the Seafood Buffet on Thurs night. That was good too. But to be honest we enjoyed our dinners there on the "off" nights the best just ordering off the ala carte menu. More variety to choose from - definitely give it a try on a non-theme night. Green Cabin was a more limited menu of appetizers. But you MUST sit up there and have a drink at dusk. It's a gorgeous view and so relaxing. I wish I was back there right now!

Pool was awesome! A bit on the warm side for our taste (like 85 degrees). The water slide is a blast! Kids must be able to go down alone. No double riding allowed. No exceptions. Never had a problem getting a good spot at the pool ever. Got a table every day. The pirate ship splash zone was a hit - my 4 yr old probably spent 2 hrs a day there. They provide clean towels so don't worry about packing them in your suitcase. They also have life vests for the kiddies which are free. Mini golf and such all have a small fee attached. But none of those things break the bank. Although, as others have stated before me, you do find yourself wondering why do they charge for EVERYTHING when you pay so much for the stay. But that's just the Disney way, and we ALL know it ;-) The beach was nice but again the prices to rent chairs and umbrellas is insane. We flew there from PA so we could not bring our own beach gear. So if you are driving to Vero, bring all of your own beach stuff if possible. I think we rented 4 chairs, 2 umbrellas and a tent.... and it was $100 for the day! Thats ludicrous. Rented jet skis... I think that was like $65 for a half hour or forty minutes. The ocean water is SO much more refreshing than the pool but a bit rough for the little guy and there is like a two foot drop once you go in the water, so we basically stayed up by the pool most days.

The resort is a perfect size. It is alot smaller than the resorts at the park. Not overcrowded at all. Just right. I imagine that it would be really awesome during the off season when schools are in session. I just really wish they had maybe one other restaurant on site. Oh a downside I must mention, I was annihalated by bugs. I think sand fleas or some kind of little things that I couldn't see. My legs looked like I had the chicken pox! Bug spray did not even work!! I was the only one out our party that seemed to be attacked so bad, not sure why but please PACK YOUR BUG SPRAY!

I had very high expectations when booking this extremely expensive vacation. And Disney delievered, as always. Its worth the money. If you want the Disney touch and the beautiful landscaping all around and the over the top friendliess, then you're going to have to pay for it. The little negative things that people complain about on here do not take away from the magic. Yes some of the furniture and rugs are a little outdated, but how much time are you really spending in your room except to resurge and sleep! Its an amazing wonderful place to go away to and spend quality time with your family. And remember, it is a Disney family resort, so yes there are KIDS everywhere! Thats what its all about. So sure, go get a drink (which we did daily) and enjoy watching them have their hoola hoop contests and swoon over Donald and Goofy. You can still have "adult" time .... my SIL and her fiance went down to the pool at 9pm and enjoyed a night swim together and then went and got something to eat/drink at the lounge. Totally chilled without crazy wet little ones running over their bags and bumping you with a beach ball in the head! There are also plenty of spots back under the palms away from the pool that are not innundated with children if you really want to close your eyes for a bit.

LOVE LOVE LOVED it Disney! I had a vacation I will never forget. If I could go back every year I would!

Room Tip: Splurge and go for the full Ocean View. You will not be sorry.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank danniwit
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Currently staying at this beautiful resort, but got off to a VERY rough start because of some lack of preparation and unwillingness to admit a mistake by the manager. A manager, in fact, who then tried to actually intimidate me with a ridiculous "stare-down" that's evidently taught to Disney management now for those special occasions when they can't think of anything else to do!
I always try to be fair in the 60 reviews I've done over the past 8 years, so I'll be that way once again. This resort has a LOT of positives that make it an enjoyable place to stay:
-Internet is FINALLY included at Disney Resorts for Vacation Club Members (hooray!)
-Beautiful grounds, well-manicured, and a MOSTLY friendly staff.
-Lots of activities on-site, though many cost major extra dollars (haven't we spent enough by paying the rates or dues here?!?!?!)
-GREAT pool area for all ages, and a well-kept beach that houses endangered turtles for part of the year.
-Rooms are tastefully decorated and have newer televisions than my last stay, but still some quality issues.
-Good security makes you feel safe while staying on property.

On the down side, there are both typical and surprising issues at this resort:
-Prices are traditionally ridiculous Disney (how about an almost $6 can of Budweiser from the hotel mini-mart? Psst Disney,.....last I checked, a six-pack of Bud is only $4!!!!)
-Quality of kitchen stuff is pretty poor. Tiny frying pans and pots and spatulas from the 99-cent store offset the relatively good quality Fiesta ware coffee cups, plates and bowls.
-Salty air is taking it's toll on some of the outdoor fixtures and decor, plus the indoor furniture is inconsistent in quality, with the occasional loose handle on dressers, poorly operating blinds, etc.

By far my biggest issue with this hotel dealt with a male manager of about 60 years old, with white hair and glasses. Our room wasn't ready at 4:20, when we tried to check-in (even though it was GUARANTEED no later than 4 pm). Rather than just apologizing HUMBLY, acknowledging the inconvenience and offering some small amenity as an apology (drink coupon, free dessert in a restaurant, fruit basket, etc), he literally offered a most insincere apology, followed by saying he could put some stuff in a fridge for us until our room was ready, and then having the audacity to tell me that ALL DISNEY HOTELS HAVE A REGULAR POLICY OF HAVING ROOMS NOT HONORED AT THEIR PROMISED 4 PM CHECK-IN TIME. To hear him say it, it's just luck of the draw as to which customers get inconvenienced each day, and it's kinda just tough luck if you draw the short straw.
When I explained to him that their go-to phrase of "Welcome Home" rings VERY hollow when rooms aren't even ready when promised for Vacation Club members, he got much closer to me and proceeded to repeat that this was regular Disney policy, and he'd send a lady out to get our frozen items so we could tip her twice to carry things that she should never have needed to carry in the first place!! My wife, a very quiet and soft-spoken Christian lady who tries to find the good in everyone and hates to say anything bad about people, stated as we left "That's just a really mean man who can't admit when he's wrong." Bingo, sweetheart.
The grand total of our delay was only about 30 minutes past check-in, so the amount of time is somewhat trivial. What ISN'T trivial is how we were,...cough,...."Welcomed Home",.....cough,....giggle. While we were standing there aghast at how we'd been treated, the lady who checked us in and was basically an innocent bystander to the whole thing started regaling us with tidbits like "Today is Pirate Day!" "There's a (really expensive) character breakfast coming up you'll wanna be sure not to miss!", and "Our spa is available for massages and facials!" To this seemingly kind lady who just appeared a bit clueless,.....your manager was treating us poorly, so we DON'T CARE about a $25 per person breakfast with a guy in a Goofy suit!!!
Overall, this man just sort of pooped on the first part of our stay, but we're still in the process of making the best of it. If he wasn't part of the picture, this review would definitely have been a 4-star and spoke pretty highly of this worthy establishment. However, just as one booger on the side of the glass ruins your martini,.......this guy kind of "boogered up" our arrival at Disney's Vero Beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Damon B
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed for a week in February, and we loved it. The midweek campfire was a great time for my kids, and it was just a very relaxing time. I would definitely recommend for a family trip to Florida that isn't just Orlando.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Philip196672
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in a small room, but it was delightful. Close to the pool, but quiet. The night sky was so bright that it made star gazing with other hotel guests fun. Campfire was a bit corny, but fun. Spectacular pool, AND a lovely beach. Much to do in the area. But the best was the warm cookies and milk waiting for us in our room at bedtime.

Parking is under the hotel.
Each room had a sitting area, like a balcony, even on the ground level.

Room Tip: Higher floors may offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

we have stayed at disney's vero beach 3 times before and just finished a week there. We stayed in a two bedroom and also used points for a studio. Two disappointments: the only pool was very crowded and the units were showing some age/need for repair. The carpet was very soiled and fraying. The upholstered furniture was also soiled and aged. Vero Beach Disney needs another pool. With everyone using the same pool, it was loud especially when the poolside activities were held. I was disappointed this year. We are staying at a Marriott resort in Orlando this week and it is so much better as far as furniture/carpet and enough pools to accommodate those with children or those who desire a quieter pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family