“Why I'm coming back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Florence, Kentucky
“Why I'm coming back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We went to Vero Beach because we had decided to join the Disney Vacation Club and this was our home resort. We got there very late at night around 11:00. Our first room was already assigned to someone else so we got a new room which was better for us. The beach was wonderful and was always kept clean but you never saw anyone pick up trash. We rented beach chairs for 2/4 days there. I also loved the pool. We went once because we liked the beach better but the great thing about the pool and the beach was that they were right across from each other. My daughter went to sign up for many events by herself while we sat on the beach (she is 13) and lunch was so close. I loved the character breakfast too! It was delicious and the characters were very nice. My son wrote Hi on his paper and Donald wrote Hi back on his paper!! We also went to many activities for the kids. All the instructors were very nice and my kids still have all their crafts. Their favorite were the origami sea creatures. I would suggest this for any family and I have never had a bad experience. We are currently planning another trip back!

Room Tip: I would check in online because you can select a room by whatever you want and what floor you want t...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Katie W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Sayville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We all loved staying at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. The resort is very clean and the staff was wonderful. They helped us with anything that we asked. We went to the Pirates Dinner which we got to spend time with Goofy and Donald Duck. This was such a wonderful dinner that it gave us so much time to spend with the characters and take great pictures. The pool is so inviting and the slide is alot of fun. They had activities by the pool every day and we participated in quite a few. The mini golf course was a nice family activity. Our rooms were beautiful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa which was very roomy. Being Disney Vacation Club owners, this was the first time that we stayed here. We have tried all the other resorts and found that Disney's Vero Beach Resort is the most relaxing. The beach and the ocean were georgous and we had alot of fun in the waves. They have so many activites for children of all ages. We went with 8 adults and we had such a good time. Our children are in their 20's and they came with their boyfriends/girlfriend. We will definitely be back here. Disney has once again proved to us all that they are the best at taking care of their guests. We are so spoiled by doing Disney for all our vacations that we cannot stay anywhere else. We are true Disney lovers!!! We try to do one big family vacation every year and we also do a vacation with just my husband and I every year. Our next one will be in March where we will be celebrating our anniversary on a Disney Cruise and then staying at Bay Lake Towers. We will be on the new ship the Dream. Looking forward to another Disney Vacation!! I already started my count down for this one!! We love you Disney!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DisneyMom217
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Disney once again goes the extra mile with attention to detail and exceptional customer service. Walk into this beautiful hotel and you will imeediately notice the turtle flipper tracks all along the wood floor. Check out the displays ranging from a sea turtle model that was once used in a Volvo commercial.

I woke up at sunrise every morning for an early walk along the beach. I would talk with the Marine Biologists who work for Disney's Animal Conservancy. They eagerly share their knowledge about sea turtles and how we can be good stewards to protect them. I was able to look inside a turtle nest and take pictures of the eggs. Every morning, these scientists would gather data and secure the turtle nests so that the eggs will hatch.

For a fee, the resort offers a lottery. You can put your name in for a chance to do a night viewing of turtles nesting. If you are still interested, attend one of the educational turtle seminars that the scientists present. Yes, you can still learn while on vacation!

Other amenities that the resort offers are pirate character dinners (fun for all), an upstairs bar and lounge, oceanfront viewing and sunbathing, family bingo, a large pool, poolside bar, equipment rentals, DVD rentals (free for Vacation Club Members), arts and crafts, campfire marshmallow roasts, and bubbles.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best! You can leave your door open at night to let the ocean lull you to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank UNCWAshley
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We go to Disney's Vero Beach several times each year and are never disappointed! From the very first time you stay there, it is always top-notch quality of service. The inn rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The pool is one of the best Disney-owned pools we've been in. Huge, great slide, and AMAZING splash park for little ones. We also love the on-site mini golf. The beach itself is pristine and PRIVATE and they do check for gate-crashers in addition to the beach and pool area being card key accessible only. I really appreciate this system since the Disney resorts in Orlando don't always check (ok, never check) and non-paying guests typically show up and are very disruptive.

The poolside dining is amazing! Normal fare and tropical flavors are very tasty and reasonably priced.

You MUST do the campfire during one night of your stay. Nothing like sitting around a toasty fire after a day in the sun with a gooey marshmallow or smores. Best part---its FREE!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Brianna W
fairfax, virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Just spent 2 days at Disney Vero Beach 3 kids (3, 6, 8) and 2 adults. We had an amazing room- no mold issue in fact room had dehumidifier in it. Great ocean view. Wonderful activities. Love the pool and water slide. Nice nature program. Goofy Pirate Dinner gave us a quick visit with Goofy and Donald. As always Disney does great with food allergies. Relaxing!!!

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Live Oak, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Let me first start by saying, the resort is very clean and picturesque. If you have kids, it is a great place to spend some quality time together. They had a delicious seafood buffet on Thursday night. Also, we did the character breakfast which was alot of fun for my four year old.
However, be warned the sand gnats were are so bad, that we had to check out a day early. They start swarming around dusk and continue through dark. Nothing seems to keep them from biting, and I am covered in extremely itchy red bumps. I live in Northern Florida and I am use to bugs, but I have never encountered anything this bad, from bug bites. Having said that, the front desk did not give me problem, when I told them I needed to check out early due to the sand gnats. They did not charge me for the room and allowed me to check out at 1:00pm.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kerri0975
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We have put off visiting for about 5 years and finally decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun we had! The beach was great, the staff was great, and the grounds were great! The pool was like a hot tub because the weather was so hot, but that's unfortunately expected in Florida in August. We went to the campfire for the unlimited s'mores and that was a nice freebie that isn't common with Disney. My only complaint was our room had sugar ants. They got into the pastries we had for the morning, so word to the wise..keep food in the fridge. Housekeeping was quick to come and spray, but it was a bit of a downer.

• Stayed August 2011