“Lovely dinner on patio”

Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 321 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fresh from the Atlantic, our dinner menu includes highlights like local tuna sashimi, grilled cobia with roasted lemon-butter, and sweet potato clam chowder. Save room for a slice of decadent key-lime cheesecake or a scoop of house-made seasonal ice cream.
Albany, New York
“Lovely dinner on patio”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautiful outdoor patio, outdoor fire pit, listening to the ocean.
Varied menu, dinner or pub and accomodated gluten free needs. Good wine selection. Service.
There is also a lovely inside bar and restaurant as well.

Visited March 2013

Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Great tasting food at a upscale price”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Dined with 6 people and we ordered 5 different entrees. All were unique and prepared to perfection. The only complaint was that service was a little slow but not unbearable. Food was worth the wait. Higher prices than the run of the mill restaurant but not bad for a high end resort.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Good location, excellent service, food portions small. Somewhat expensive, but you are paying for the location”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went here with some friends after another restaurant refused to allow our group of 12 to sit together. People arrived at different times since some could make it for happy hour and others couldnt. The waitress was pleasant and was able to tell members of our group where to meet us outside so they didnt have to wander around trying to find us. Nice location on the ocean, and they have heaters which they lit right away when a member said they were cold.

The waitress didnt mind the fact that everyone arrived at different times for the happy hour and came back to see if we wanted anything else each time a new person showed. The IPA beer on tap was only $3 and excellent. The Pork sliders were good also, and my friend enjoyed the fish taco. They were small, but for $3 what do you want.

We had dinner in the dining room on the side that faced the ocean.One member of our group was a vegatarian and they went out of their way to let her substitute things. Another member complained because they had bacon on her salad (darn I would have eaten it!)and she didnt like bacon, so they promptly brought her another one. Another person said the sorbet was too sweet so they brought her another flavor to sample that she liked better.

I had the steak and it was delicious, and so were the mashed potatoes that came with it. It had a small piece of cauliflower and some other things. Most of the people that were there were women and had small appetites, and were full. However I would have liked a slightly larger portion of potatoes or more vegatables and califlower since the main portion was the steak which was a little smaller than I expected and I was expecting more than one piece of califlower. Luckily, I had the pork sliders and a couple of beers before so I was pretty full and didnt order dessert, but a friend ordered the german chocolate cake and said it was excellent.

They automatically added in a 20% tip, but it stated that they do this on the menu for large parties, and they gave each member a separate check without complaining, so I gave them a little bit more, since the service was great.

The price of the steak was $32, so it was about $40 after the tip, but it was worth it for the atmosphere. It was the first time I had been to Vero Beach since I live about an hour south, and places like the Breakers that are on the beach further south charge double of what I paid here.A few members of the group cancelled because this place costs more that the first place we wanted to go to, but I would rather pay a few dollars more for excellent service and a great atmosphere. For being a restaurant in an ocean front hotel, I felt that the price was worth it. You could go a Fridays or Outback and order a steak for less, but it wouldn't taste as good and you wouldnt be overlooking the ocean when you are eating.

• Visited March 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“We Loved the Snapper - March 2013”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It's time I updated my review of Cobalt. This week 4 of us had dinner, again, at Cobalt. It was chilly outside, so we retreated to a window seat with a view of the fire pit and ocean as the sun set in the west. We love their menus, because they are full of local sea food and vegetables. The kitchen is more than competent. Luckily, they are also creative.

On this night I zeroed in on the Local Snapper, line-caught just up the coast from us. Unfortunately, the waiter's detailed responses to my questions was so convincing that my other 3 companions insisted on ordering the same dish.

Soon we were treated to 4 great looking seafood dishes arriving at once. The snapper was crispy on the outside and moist inside. Delicious. Everyone loved the combination of the fish with brussel sprouts, bacon, and sherry butter. I suspect the creamy (and delicious) grits influenced us as well. Anyway, this dish received rave reviews from all 4 of us, including the person who was going to order a steak until he heard the snapper described.

This dish is going to be on the menu for a couple more months this spring, so, if you get a chance, try it out. Hope you like it as much as we did.

Okay, one confession. I love their inventive desserts. This time around I had the chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream; very good.

• Visited March 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
“Great atmosphere - slow service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast at Cobalt last year. The outdoor setting overlooking the ocean is top notch. The prices are high, since this restaurant is in a hotel. The service was slow. So we didn't return. This winter we decided to take our daughter there for dinner when she was visiting us. We sat outside again and it was quite dark at the table where we sat. Even though we had a reservation we had to wait a while, and then the service was very slow throughout the meal. My dinner was just O.K., as the beef was too dry and the veggies too few.
Friends love to go to Cobalt for lunch on a nice day. If you want a leisurely lunch in a beautiful setting, this would probably be the best bet for this restaurant. I will rate it a 4 solely for the marvelous setting and decor.

Visited February 2013