“Not bad but a little over-rated”

Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fresh from the Atlantic, our dinner menu includes highlights like local tuna sashimi, grilled cobia with roasted lemon-butter, and sweet potato clam chowder. Save room for a slice of decadent key-lime cheesecake or a scoop of house-made seasonal ice cream.
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
“Not bad but a little over-rated”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My friend raved about this place but when we drove almost 40 miles to have lunch here I guess I was just expecting a little more. The staff was very, very good...no problem there.... but the food seemed a little short on quality for the price. I got a burger, fries and cole slaw. The burger was overdone but tasted ok....not medium as ordered but well done. The fries were a bit greasy and soggy but there was a generous portion given to make up for it. The ambience is what you pay for and if you want to impress yourself or guests with the place then good luck, otherwise I would not advise shelling out your $40 for two for lunch!

Barrie, Canada
“Terrible kitchen, good location”

Menu is a very short.
Main entry absolutely without taste. (Chicken breasts or me and duck breast for my wife)
Desert definitely was not "home made".
Please fire a chef.
Parking rule is a strange. You have 2 choice - valet or go elsewhere on the street. My car have disability sign, I parked car on the appropriate parking space, but attendant told me that this space only for valet parking! So no exclusion even you have limited ability to walk you must pay for valet or go away, even like in my case, parking lot have many vacancy spaces. I personally hate valet parking, for two reason- my car is very expensive and my car received a little damages when I used valet year ago in Miami and I found out it only when I was about 100 miles from Miami on the gas station.

david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We take honest comments from people like yourself very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so-good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve!

On the parking situation, valet is complimentary if you dine at Cobalt or Heaton's Reef

Thanks,

David
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“big disappointment”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Uncomfortably cold, seats uncomfortably low. Service very slow. Limited menus and several items not available. Food portions very small and very expensive. Taste bland...not special at all.

So sorry! The situation you encountered at our restaurant was pretty rare, but that doesn’t make it any more right. We always try to do our best and hope you will let us prove this to you during your next visit.

Please let me know when you are back in Vero and I would love to treat you to a great dinner.
Williamsburg, VA
“Maybe not quite a 4...”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and the outdoor patio was very nice and relaxing. Usually I am wowed by a Kimpton restaurant, but this one just didn't have that wow factor on this visit. If I ever come back, I still would try again and hope to be wowed!

Hopefully we will be able to wow you the next time you come in, let me know when you will be back.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Most Expensive Restaurant in Town!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband thought he would treat me to something special on New Years, so we made reservations at The Cobalt. The restaurant was empty at 5:00 PM, the atmosphere lovely, with a view of the ocean and outdoor firepits. The very attent waiter told us, after we sat down, that there was an $80.00 cover charge PER PERSON for dinner!!!!! I have never spent that amount, except maybe for two, at a fine restaurant! My husband insisted we stay and try to enjoy ourselves, he was treating. The menu was unique and different, everything was delightful, the food was excellent. We had a four course meal and were offered all the champagne we could consume. I don't usually drink, my husband only wanted a white Zinfandel. We asked if the Zinfandel could be substituted for the champagne. They did us the favor. The bill was $180.00, plus the tip was extra!!!!! I could have flown to Seattle for that! I took my cousins for her birthday, thinking it couldn't be that expensive again, they don't drink either. Unfortunately it was $180.00 again! My choice is never to eat there again, as the indigestion that occurs over the outrageous bill, is not worth it!

Visited November 2012
Hey Susan C,

Sounds like you enjoyed your dining experience with us, on New Year's we did have an $80 4 course (with oyster amuse) for $80, that also included champagne. There definitely wasn't a cover charge. Are entrees begin at $24 as the menu states and even have small plate options, I hope you can come back and we can cater a menu for you to your liking.

David