Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 326 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fresh from the Atlantic, our dinner menu includes highlights like local tuna sashimi, grilled cobia with roasted lemon-butter, and sweet potato clam chowder. Save room for a slice of decadent key-lime cheesecake or a scoop of house-made seasonal ice cream.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Yes its pricey but the total package ,quality of food & view were well worth it,The mussels were outstanding although the portion was very small.The sauces that accompanied the oyster are tasty & different.
The ribeye with garlic mash was tender but just a shade over the medium rare i requested.When served it was sliced into 3 sections which was unusual,the snapper was prepared nicely but portions are small.Desert was excellent .
There was a lot of upsell,i understand thats part of the job but it was a little annoying each time you ordered.Service was efficient and not overbearing.
Ate on the patio with the beautiful ocean view,it was a little windy/cool so they do have propane heat devices for your comfort.There is a nice cocktail bar,poolside bar and fire pits which gives you many options.

good experience will return

david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear NATIVENy08,

Thank you for all the kind words and visiting all our different restaurants here. Thanks for the feedback on the food and service as well, hear you loud and clear!

There are newer reviews for Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We visited Vero for the first time last week and we have been impressed. Our hostess took us to Cobalt for a drink and recommended the atmosphere. Did not really have time to eat that evening but returned a week later for their Happy Hour. Well worth the prices which are very reasonable. Had the rock shrimp which are outstanding, then the pork and angus beef sliders. The three dishes were more than enough for my husband and I.

We enjoyed sitting on the patio, watching the ocean and relaxing. The service is outstanding. We had a trainee (assistant) aiding our server and she was as pleasant and as attentive as our server who did a wonderful job. Would love to return to Cobalt for dinner some time but not sure it will happen. But thank you for a relaxing and enjoyable evening and great service and good food!

david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

I am so happy you were able to sit back, relax and enjoy what we have to offer. I hope you get a chance to come back to Vero and see us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ate here three time: twice for dinner and once for lunch on the patio. Every meal was delightful, and the fine service made it even more enjoyable.

david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for your many visits to Cobalt. Chef Mike definitely cooks up some delicious food and our service team takes great pride in delivering top-notch experiences.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

MY wife and I have dined here a number of times and have NEVER been disappointed! The at mosphere is good and ALL of our dishes have been stellar. I keep ordering DIFFERNT things and am still looking for something I DO NOT like!
It has my highest recommendation.
It can be a bit pricey, but well worht it to me.

Peter H.!!! Thank you for the great words and recommendation. We hope you come back real soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel has an exceptional restaurant. Their food is not typical of a hotel. They had a really nice, unique presentation of raw oysters which was wonderful. My wife enjoyed a pork cheek appetizer that was exceptional. They also have a duck confit and pork terinne that is my favorite item on menu. The food here in general is "fit for foodies"

The service is good, if they get busy they often times get backed up. When we go to restaurants like this we are there to dine, not feed fast so the pace is fine for us. If your one that's wants FAST service I suggest you let them know your in a rush. We prefer relaxed pace. Food is very good and it's a beautiful restaurant.

My only complaint is their wine list. I mentioned the same in my review from August 2012. First, the food at this restaurant is exceptional, the wine list is overpriced and one of the worst selections I've ever seen for a restaurant of this calibur. At any price point there can be a best of class selection. They seemed to have a knack,of selection worst of class for most, not all, of the selections. Perhaps,the list represents the "fire sale" selection. They need to improve so that the quality of the wine matches the quality of food. They can keep pricing as is, but get better food friendly wines.

Thank you for the great review on service and food. We always enjoy your getaways to paradise. Please let me know when you will be returning so we can coordinate getting some of your favorite wines in for you.