“Italian Treasure!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ninety Six, South Carolina
“Italian Treasure!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Since its opening over two decades ago, we have dined at this spot and it is consistently good and true comfort Italian food. Pizza is excellent and you can sit outside in a wonderful exotic garden. Good food, good atmosphere and friendly service.

Visited December 2013

San Francisco, California
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was staying with family member at Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, when my wife and I wanted to get away for a while. We decided to go to Pomodoro Grill because that's all my family could talk about so we wanted to check it out.
When we first got there, they were packed! We were welcomed by friendly faces. It was a Saturday night so there was a wait. ( It wasn't much of a wait) We wanted to enjoy their patio while we waited so we had a few glasses of wine. Not even half way through my wine, our table was ready. A nice gentlemen showed us to our table.
We were greeted by a very nice young lady. She brought us some mouthwatering garlic rolls. ( We ordered a lot of those rolls ) My wife and I wanted to start with an appetizer, we decided on mussels with a white wine garlic sauce. They were delightful.
After our appetizer and four orders of garlic rolls later. Our server brought out our salads and after our main course. I ordered their special of the week which was Mahi Mahi. They called it "Mahi Don Peppy" I must say it was the best mahi I have ever had! It was perfectly grilled, with walnuts, artichoke hearts, basil, and garnished with seared shrimp. The mahi was finished in a white wine sauce. I was speechless after my first bite.
My wife had Scaloppini Piccata. It was divine, or as my wife would say 'scrumptious'
Bottom line, our experience at Pomodoro Grill was amazing and I will be coming back!!

• Visited November 2013
Daniel L, General Manager at Pomodoro Grill, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
At Pomodoro Grill our customers are our best critics, we appreciate and value all of our customers, this is why we have been in Vero Beach for almost twenty years. Hats off to you folks who take the time to write a review of your experiences with us. You are why we are here.

GRAZIE !!!!!!
Weston, Florida
“Great find!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently stayed at the Disney Vero Beach Resort and wanted to go someplace local for dinner and were lucky enough to find Pomodoro Grill. We were a party of 5 (4 adults and a 6-year old) and sat out in their covered patio area. The service was excellent - they were very helpful throughout the evening. The food was delicious - you could tell they used fresh ingredients. We shared 2 appetizers and devoured their awesome garlic rolls (and got another order too!) Three of us had chicken dishes - mine had portobello mushrooms, prosciutto and artichoke hearts in a light sherry wine sauce - the sauce was also served over the pasta (yum!). The 4th person had penne alla grill which was penne pasta with sausage, peppers and onions. All the adults had a cannoli for dessert. All the menu items are very reasonably priced which was a little surprising since it's located in a beach/tourist area. The only negative about this restaurant is that they are not geared towards kids. The waitress explained that the chef would make a smaller portion of any menu item but she decided on a bowl of pasta with marinara sauce. They did not have the typical children's cup with a lid for drinks - of course this was fine for a 6-year old but might be a problem for families with smaller children. I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone staying in the Vero Beach area and would definitely visit it again.

• Visited November 2013
Daniel L, Manager at Pomodoro Grill, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you, for your positive review, you have helped us get closer to our goal of being in Trip Advisors top ten restaurants in Vero Beach. We look forward to dining with you again.
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My favorite restaurant! Best Italian in the area and beyond! I go for all special occasions and I gets better every time. Friendly service and a family atmosphere!

• Visited October 2013
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Birthday Diner”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a new Italian Restaurant. Great find after ready reviews. Highlight were the garlic knots, not typical Italian dishes. I has baked penne had hard boiled egg in it "great" do t wrinkle your nose till you try it, wife had Mahi picante. Good salad. Excellent service. Down side no soups. Of your looking for red sauce dishes you may be disappointed. We will return.