“Good but small”

Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hunton Bridge
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice venue however the rooms are a little on the small side. Parking can be hit and miss and you might end up in the overflow which can be quite muddy. The staff are brilliant and the food makes up for the small rooms. Ask about vouchers because I overheard a great offer being made to a telephone customer whilst atu reception so there may be possible negotiation openings re room prices. I would stay again but not if with my family - if that's the case then consider their sister operation at the De Vere Village 15 mins down the road which I have also reviewed.

Stayed: April 2013
Peter F, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am really please you had a good stay and thank you for the constructive comments too.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very good value for money and a great location for easy access to London and the M25. Try to stay as economically as possible on business and often pay the price for frugality but occasionally unearth a gem and this is undoubtedly one. Enjoyed a tasty well priced meal from the extensive lounge menu and breakfast was equally good. Friendly staff, room fresh and clean. This will always be my first choice when returning to the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Peter F, Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am delighted you had a good stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Hunton Park soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived for a wedding at the hotel and the entire stay was lovely. Very clean and had a lovely atmosphere! Would highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast was plenty andof very good quality. The room was very well equipped with en suite and all the little things like a proper iton, ironing bored, hair drier etc. Did not sample room service but there seemed to be plenty on offer

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for the really positive review you have posted. I am delighted you had a great time at the wedding and you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

when i booked this hotel I was assured that a coeliac diet was no problem . at breakfast they offered me gluten free bread and told me to toast it myself in the machine. when I pointed out that this was pointless as it was full of none gluten free crumbs ,the waitress apologised and said she would see the chef. several moments later,thank God, I noticed a young chap come from the kitchen with some bread on an plate......I went up to him and inquired was this gluten free bread ,and he explaned the chef had sent him to toast it for a problem customer........I of course saw the manager ,who told me his staff were well trained.big BIG UNTRUTH!!!!!!!!I of course ate no breakfast ,not when you cant trust them I was offerd no real refund or compensation .only a free glass of wine.I shall be reporting this hotel to health and safety.this was unacceptable and dangerous...there are also several steps to the reception and dispite our obvious luggLage difficulties no one was avalable to help with the luggage.To continue the catalogue of disasters I cut my foot on a sharp tile in the pool.Last but by no means least when you enter this hotel there are several speed bumps. the problem with them is not the hight but the fact they are so warn down in front and bihind them that they are now very dangerous and this made it impossible to get over them with scraping the underside of your car.

Room Tip: the rooms are badly layed out there is no floor space to place a large suitcase
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lynn c
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as it was perfect location for visiting Warner studios but that was about the only good thing about this hotel.

The rooms were tiny and it only had a 3 quarter bed in it and had that old smell, walls were paper thin and could constantly here the banging of doors.

I must of had a total of 2 hours sleep as there was a wedding on whilst I can appreciate that hotels cater for weddings what I can't understand is why our room was put next to all the wedding parties, I work in a hotel myself and know the importance of room allocation something your staff clearly don't as my evening consisted of listening to the drunks stumble back to there rooms singing and shouting even the room next door who didn't sleep at all and continued the party in there room.

Tried to contact reception to do something about it but couldn't get through!!!

Evening meal was meant to be gammon and chips it was billy bear meat!!! Even worse than ham!

Will never return!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank SJ92X

Thank you for your comments and review you have written. I would be keen to discuss these in more details with you, please do give me a call at the venue or email me on pfarrow@deverevenues.co.uk.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently here for a family wedding, the countryside was lovely as are the hotel grounds. Lovely breakfast spread included in rate. Our room, a "standard twin" was rather small, although it had everything most visitors would need, including coffee & tea making plus a few extras - including iron and ironing board for touch ups to the fancy dress attire. Using the writing desk was a challenge , not much room as it was so close to the beds. There are no lifts or ramps to assist you moving luggage from car to reception then to your room. If staying here I'd suggest minimal luggage, and try to be on the ground floor. Oh yes, and bring your own face cloths.

Room Tip: try for ground floor, unless you are willing to carry luggage up staircases.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review you have posted on this website. I was delighted to read of the positives and thank for also for the constructive comments you have listed as well.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Don't be fooled by the lovely old home and pictures. This hotel LOOKS like a heritage style hotel on the web and as one drives up the driveway, but there is a cheap motel wing tacked on, tiny rooms, no elevator (heritage:-) ). I squeezed myself and bags in but had I been there with someone else we would not have both been able to fit our bags in!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Peter F, Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for the review you have posted on this website. I was upset to read you think you have been fooled into believing Hunton Park was heritage style property. We do have a manor house which hosts our 21 dedicated meeting and banqueting rooms, however as listed on our website and other 3rd party websites the bedrooms are located in a purpose build annex. Please can I assure you that we do not hide the location of our bedrooms nor do we misrepresent our product as we have photos of the bedrooms and public areas in the photo together with accurate descriptions of what our guests can expect from us. As all of the photos suggest our rooms are compact in size but they do hold all of the amenities you would expect from a room of this standard.
Once again thank you for your feedback and if you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly at the venue.
Peter

Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford

Been to Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!