“Nice hotel, but a few simple touches could make the difference”

Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hunton Bridge
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel, but a few simple touches could make the difference”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Keep in mind when you arrive at this hotel, chances are you have been traveling. The staff at the front desk was very cordial and quickly got me checked in. I needed to freshen up before proceeding to the office. Much to my surprise, the layout of my room was totally unacceptable for a female. There simply were NO mirrors in the room. And the only place that had mirrors was the bathroom which offered no outlets for a blow dryer or curling iron. I stopped a housekeeping supervisor and she recognized the issue and brought me two small mirrors which worked for the duration of the trip. There is plenty of wall space to provide a mirror.
Also, an alarm clock system with MP3 hookup is a must in every hotel these days. There simply wasn't one. Luckily I brought my own alarm clock or could have used my cell phone.
The rooms are extremely small.
Positives: The breakfast buffet was very nice and in general, the food was very good. There is a free coffee service available 24x7 providing lattes, americanos, etc. Also on hand were biscuits and fresh fruit. The grounds are simply lovely.
There is no workout facility which is not uncommon, but the pool was very small. If you wish to exercise, bring some running shoes and enjoy the expansive grounds and local town. The free wifi was appreciated and easy to connect to. Our business meeting went well and the staff was very attentive to our needs.

One more thing, at the end of my stay, I was charged 2.5 pounds for using a credit card. This seemed very "cheap" and unnecessary. Credit cards are a common staple of every traveler.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SueB33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Bolton
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We arrived for our five night stay to be met by an 'indifferent' receptionist' who gave us our room number (which we had paid for in advance). She then asked for our credit card details "in case we left the hotel without paying" we were a little surprised by this & decided we definitely wouldn't purchase anything during our stay!
Our room had recently been refurbished quite tastefully and was a pleasant place to sleep in.. It was very clean and the very comfortable bed had lovely white cotton bedding. The bathroom was also very nice, clean and stylish. The toweks were white & fluffy. There was a well stocked tea & coffe tray, free wi-fi and a plasma TV. The hotel was in nice grounds but didn't seem to have enough car parking for it's size especially as it was a conference & party venue. We had difficulty finding a parking space close to our accommodation. On the second night there was a party held at the hotel and some guests who were also staying overnight made a lot of noise along the corridors. Also the doors of all the rooms shut very noisily. We asked to change rooms after this & it was much better.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
whitejo, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.I am delighted that you found our venue, bedroom and location so comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
However I would like to apologise that the initial impression during your arrival was not as welcoming as you should expect. I will certainly ensure that in future we explain to guests we only require a credit card imprint to allow you credit within the hotel and the facility to charge any items back to your room.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back to Hunton Park in the future.

Joanne White
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I will happily recommend the De Vere Venue Hunton Park to people in the future. Whether or not they can secure a room at the heavily discounted rate that we did- but discount aside it truely was an excellent guest experience!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us at Hunton Park.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found our recent promotions of excellent value for money. We regularly offer fantastic deals throughout the year and I am so pleased you were able to take advantage of this.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Hunton Park in the future and thank you again for your feedback.
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We loved our stay here in quiet grounds, and yet not far from the M25 with an alternative route into St Albans for shopping and looking around. We paid about £25 room only which was a bargain. Friendly staff, nice food, comfortable room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so please you had such an enjoyable stay.

The promotions we regularly offer are great value for money so I do hope you will have the opportunity to take advantage of these in the future.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to Hunton Park.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We booked to stay here because of a special offer and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is located near a motorway junction so it was easy to find. The grounds and hotel are impressive. We arrived mid afternoon and were shown straight to our room.

The room was lovely, newly refurbished with a flat screen TV. However there was a screaming baby in the room next door, we decided to see if we could be moved. The lady in reception sorted us out with a new room straight away, no questions asked, even though we though the room was lovely. We were moved to another part of the hotel instead being given another room that had not been refurbished yet. This room was just as good

I would recommend this hotel, the rooms maybe a little smaller than some people are used to but they are very clean and of a high standard.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
whitejo, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us at Hunton Park.

I am so delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay, particularly that you were impressed with our newly refurbished bedrooms. We aim to fully complete this refurbishment by the end of March this year, when all our rooms will be of the same very high standard.

I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by other guests, but glad that my reception team responded quickly and were able to resolve this issue for you.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome back to Hunton Park in the very near future.
Worthing
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Myself, my husband & 7 yr old daughter stayed here between Xmas & New Yr. The hotel is a wonderful Georgian building with large grounds (for the area). Room was perfectly Ok but was v small and had a portable TV ( which I understand are going to be replaced in the future). They had already made up a Z bed for my daughter, which unfortunately had to be replaced as the springs had no tension in at all!! The pool was the coldest pool I have ever been in, which was disappointing as that was the main main reason we came to stay at the hotel. The zacuzzi was not working. However... we did enjoy our stay due to the lovely staff, including a very friendly duty manager and the excellent food. We had dinner there in the evening and it was of a very high standard. The same could be said of breakfast. The hotel has a very intimate, cosy feel to it and providing they heat the pool up a bit more- we will be back!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at Hunton Park.

Thank you for such positive comments on our service and food quality. We really do pride ourselves on ensuring our guests enjoy our lovely setting, alongside friendly & professional service.

I am so sorry you experienced problems with our pool temperature. We did indeed have a problem with the pool temperature for a period of 3 days, which was a mechancial failure with the thermostat. Please be assured we have now addressed this and the pool temperature is now extremely comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.
watford
Reviewed January 3, 2011

i stayed at hunton park for christmas! i checked in on christmas eve i did not make a recervation i just turned up the receptionest was lovely more than helpful and checked me in super quick! she even gave me 2 rooms to choose from and showed me them. the only thing was the hotel is very cold!

there was only bar meals available due to the time of year but the food was lovely.

room was lovely to
overall it was lovely

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such kind feedback following your recent stay with us at Hunton Park.

I am so delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and I really do hope you will be back to stay with us in the very near future.

I am so sorry the hotel felt cold during your stay. This is unacceptable and I have discussed with our maintenance engineer a far more robust method in which to manage the core temperature with our venue and ways in which we may be more consistent in monitoring this, particularly during times of year when our weather is so tempermental.

Again, I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunton Bridge
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford

Been to Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!