“My new favorite place in Florida!”
Review of Venice

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
upstate New York
8 helpful votes
“My new favorite place in Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Never having spent much time on the gulf side of Florida, I was a bit hesitant. But, with family in the area, I decided to put my frequent flyer miles to good use and give it a try. Flying into Sarasota put me just a half hour away from this quaint town, near to beautiful beaches, good seafood and a casual atmosphere. I was happy!

It might not be your favorite place if you have small children in tow, but for me, a senior citizen, I found it ideal. There were quaint shops (along with the regular tourist fair,) beautiful sunsets on one of the many beaches, golf... lots of golf, shark tooth hunting (who knew?) fishing off the Venice Pier and close enough to the major highways to get you wherever you wanted to go. I might suggest you invest some time at the Ringling Museum of Art in nearby Sarasota.

If you don't have friends or family to use as a home base, don't worry, there are many many condos available for rent either by word of mouth or through one of several rental agencies.

Don't hesitate to visit this charming city with its neo- mediterranean architure and friendly atmosphere!

1 Thank tiki44
Coventry
5 helpful votes
“venice beach villas Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Thank You Lori&Kevin For a very good holiday ,The location &position for the town &beach is excellent.Everything is spotless &well appointed.Hope to see you next year.
All the best Shirley &Les Price.
England

new york
27 helpful votes
“beautiful city..beautiful people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to..I try to visit once a year..the parks and beaches all perfectly kept.Downtown is a gem with both great food, shops,and lots of festivals but it's the people that live in Venice that make it a joy to keep coming back. To all the fisherman on the pier at Sharky's that shared their tackle and bait and expertise with my"northern" son..thank you. I've never been to a friendlier town.Favorite dinner..Sharky's of course. Favorite breakfast..The Clock..Order the touchdown breakfast served by the sweetest women in Venice.Best treat..Yummies doughnuts..WOW. They are next to the flea market and truely heaven ! Till next Spring..Venice..A big smooch..

1 Thank HeidiNewYork
Tampa
28 helpful votes
“Venice Beach Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

Venice, Florida is a great place to bring the family. Downtown Venice is exceptionally quaint and beautiful. Tampa, Venice, and Miami Avenues, officially known as “The Venice Downtown Historic District,” has architecture modeled after Northern Italy and is filled with boutiques, gift shops, specialty shops, outdoor cafes, restaurants and art galleries. You can enjoy walking through the downtown area, enjoying unique shops and unique scenery. There is a spot in the middle of downtown called Centennial Park that features a gazebo and water fountains. You can bring the children to play in this area and at night the water fountains all light up producing vivid colors. You can relax on the benches surrounding the waterfalls and enjoy the day or night. The beaches are clean and the water is blue, clear and beautiful.

17 Thank Travel_Girl_Marie
Trumbull, Connecticut
45 helpful votes
“great small florida city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

Venice Florida is located south of Sarasota. Here you will find a mix of old world southern living and new comunitys. While many view this a a retirement comunity, I would recomend visiting. Our family had a condo so I do not know about the hotels however I have driven by el patio in downtown and the inn at the beach both of wich look very nice. The Esplanaade is the road where the beach is and the beaches of venice are beuitful. Our favorites for dining are SHarkys, the Crows Nest and Tj Carneys. The downtown on venice asvenue has many cute little shops and is ideal for walking. In conclusion, I would recomend visiting this vibrant city.

7 Thank eastcoasttraveler14

Been to Venice? Share your experiences!