“Sparkling and Comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
vermont
“Sparkling and Comfortable”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

During our recent stay at Best Western Ambassador Suites in Venice, Florida we rediscovered why we keep coming back. This hotel is immaculate and comfortable with a dedicated staff that made sure our stay was the best it could be. The front desk staff, house keeping and grounds keepers all went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Daily breakfast is a popular attraction with a wide variety of items to choose from or you can have them all. Although our visit coincided with Columbus Day we were able to use the pool and found it to sparkle!

Room Tip: The hotel is convenient to the Interstate, includes a refrigerator, microwave, and large sofa.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank VermontCapecodder
ManagerVeniceFl, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ambassador Suites Venice, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your response. It's always nice to have our extended family come back to see us. Jan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Longview, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Just spent a wonderful two weeks traveling around the state of Florida with my son. We stayed at many hotels, and the Best Western in Venice was the by far the best. The rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped. The pool was clean and warm. Great location. And the front desk manager, a lady named Maryanne, went above and beyond to ensure that we had a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit. And again, thank you Maryanne for all that you did for us!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ManagerVeniceFl, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ambassador Suites Venice, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
It was my pleasure to go out of my way and to make sure your son and you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. In return you were both equally enjoyable guests. We look forward to your return here in the new year. Thank you for the outstanding review, it is truly appreciated.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed here a for a week ,and I have no complaints. Clean and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night for business and the stay was perfect. Nice large rooms with plenty of room to spread out. They have updated many of the rooms already and they are in the process of completing the renovations. Our room was NOT one of the rooms that was updated, however it was very clean and comfortable.
They offered a full hot breakfast as well as a traditional continental breakfast included in the price of your stay! Very easy to get to just of Interstate 75.
The staff was very friendly and were anxious to do anything to make sure we were happy!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate the great review. Sorry that you were not assigned to one of our upgraded suites. In the future please contact me directly and I will make sure you are assigned to one of them. Thank you so much!

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel in mid- June 2011.... I was there for business..... I was a vendor at at local Arts & Crafts festival ..... I stay in hotels 90 - 100 days per year througout Florida and the South Eastern US. I very seldom sit here on my computer, look up Trip Advisor and critique Hotels that I stay in, you seen one hotel you have seen them all.

This is a Hotel that goes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond, the staff, the lobby, the rooms, the cleanliness, the service is a 10 in my book....... Please take this from someone with experience... From the time you walk in too the time you check out, you will not find a better place to stay...... I am just sorry that I can't live there, pay the extra few dollars and you will leave with a great sence of value... Need I say more......... Never seen a hotel that cares soooooooo much about their guests....

In the Spirit of Success,
Dan Dunn
President
My Secret Garden
www.mysecretgardenstore.com

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Dunn,
We appreciate you outstanding review, and that we meet and exceeded your expectations on your recent stay with us. Please contact us for any future need we may help you with.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I, and three of my work colleagues, stayed at the Best Western. Of the four rooms, only my room had everything working properly. One colleague's room door didn't lock, another had a non-working air conditioner and refrigerator and my boss' toilet wasn't working. They KNEW that the toilet wasn't working so when he checked in they gave him a plunger! This hotel is within 1/2 mile of several other hotels (and is adjacent to a Holiday Inn). Rather than comping him the room and finding him a room elsewhere, they just gave him the plunger! They claimed that the hotel was full so they couldn't put him in a room with a working toilet. In each room (or, at least, in mine), there was a notice that "if something isn't right, let us know and we will fix it". What a bad joke.

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again--too much competition in this area to allow this sort of terrible treatment to happen.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank drmisty
We are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. We certainly don't purposefully try to make our guests stay a bad joke. We wish you would give us a chance to show you a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Best Western Plus Ambassador Suites Venice
Venice, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The front desk staff, specifically Angel, made sure that all we needed was provided. The room was clean and luxurious with a very comfortable bed. We were in the middle of a move. The hotel was a great place to come home and rest. When family come to visit and we need overflow space, I'll call this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple