“Very dirty, unkept”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 7, 2005

The hotel is very old, and not kept up very well.
The office staff was very nice, but I would look elsewhere if possible.
Terrible noise at the pool until 4:00 am when we were there.

Stayed: September 2005

Reviewed June 20, 2005

First, the building is old and run down and the pool is in shadows a large part of the day. (We stayed in a second floor room above the pool). The room was filthy! It was a non-smoking room with burn holes in the highly stained matress cover. The wall paper was painted over and was peeling. The floor tiles in the bathroom were loose and I had to evict a few 6-legged friends I found under the sink. The interior of the room was very dirty. The floor was wet and the carpet mildewed from the ancient in-the-wall dripping air conditioner which sounded like a jumbo jet taking off when it ran. Speaking of the A/C running ... it quit the first day and the room soared to over 100 degrees. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful ... but the electrical system was ancient and the A/C breaker could not be reset. We were then moved to the front side of the building opposite the previous room. The room was much cleaner and well maintained, but the view from the window was of roof mounted equipment - and it was noisy fronting the highway.

I would not recommend this hotel unless you are used to living in a tent. The nearby Hampton Inn - Venice is a few bucks more and is surgically clean with an excellent breakfast and a clean pool area.

Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank Beach_Hermit
Reviewed April 13, 2005

I stayed there in late March of 2005 although I did have misgivings because of all the negative reviews I read on this website. Conclusion: it's your basic, somewhat older DaysInn, located on a busy boulevard next to a McDonalds. There's nothing wrong with it although I would say that it probably does not deserve the 4 suns DaysInn rating.

2  Thank Vienna_VAVirginian
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed February 14, 2005

I stayed there for 3 days with my wife. We had reserved through internet a few weeks ahead of time. The outdoors is very dirty and poorly maintained, the walls and stairs are dirty and clearly have not been cleaned for a long tame. The room was very disapointing: dirty carpet with white stains that looked like paint, the door trims were dark at hands height indicating that they had not been cleaned for a long time. There were many stains on the walls in the room and in the bathroom. The hotel is right on Hwy 41 (Tamiami trail) and you can hear the street noises very well from your room. When we came back the 2nd night, the towels had been changed but the bed had not been made. The bed sheets would barely cover the matress and would come loose during the night. I don't mind an old hotel as long as it is kept clean. This place is really in very bad shape and the owners do a very poor job of maintaining it.

Reviewed January 13, 2005

We stayed at Days Inn Venice Beach in March 2004. All I can say is I kinda knew what I was in for but was looking for someplace affordable and as someone else stated, not much is affordable in Venice! We love spending time in Venice Beach and I would recommend that anyone spend some time there, but there are some amazing accommodations right on Venice Beach if you're willing to pay for them! Our room at Days Inn wasn't 'dirty' or we would have left, but I have to say that the maintenance to the building itself and the filth all over the outside corridors didn't impress us at all. It worked for us this one time, but we would probably spend more and stay someplace else next time!

5  Thank Bonnie40
Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2004

The picture looked good but the hotel in person was not. In the lobby at check in there is a sign that says" Guarded by shot gun three nights a week. You guess which nights. " We saw the sign and thought it was a joke. It wasn't! This place is so dirty and seedy we checked out the next morning. I don't think the managment was surprised by our reaction to the cleanliness of the place. Stay elsewhere!

Reviewed October 29, 2003

I have stayed at this hotel twice, I did not learn from the first stay because both were horrible. My step-daughter lives in Venice and it was the only affordable place to stay (that is the ONLY good thing about it). The rooms were dirty, the area outside was dirty, there were bugs in our room and it smelled of cigarrette smoke horrible, and we were suppose to have a non-smoking room. I do not recommend this hotel at all! Stay in Sarasota and pay a little extra!