“Get a reservation”

Cassariano Italian Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Cassariano Italian Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nassau Rd
Gaithersburg MD USA
“Get a reservation”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

After being unable to get a table in this very small restaurant on previous visits to Venice we arrived before 6 PM on a slow Sunday evening with another couple and got a table without a reservation. We were lucky as the place was full minutes later. The server indicated they have lots of repeat local customers and routinely have to turn diners away. All 4 of us were very pleased with our creatively presented entrees. The presentation for 2 of the dishes was quite elaborate for an Italian restaurant. Yes, the menu is a la carte, so salad is not included and the quantity of food is a fraction of what one is served at Luna, but the food quality and presentation are excellent.

New Hampshire
“Disappointing New Years Eve dinner”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

After eventually being greeted by our waitress whose first words were that the table numbers 'had been screwed up" & was obviously stressed, we had a complimentary drink followed by good appetizers & soup but then my rack of lamb arrived (I hadn't been asked how I would like it prepared) & it was very rare. I asked for it to be cooked further so my husband enjoyed his entree alone & then I received mine. it was OK but tough, so that I left almost half of it. The owner collected my plate & when asked how it was, i told him it was tough. He shrugged & said he guessed I couldn't eat more if he brought more.
Dessert was OK but the bill without drinks was $130 (set menu) & for that money I expected better service, better quality and some form of apology either in the form of a spoken apology or a deduction from the bill - no such luck.
We have eaten there before & the food has always been good but tonight was rushed and so-so. We also had the table near the door so I was nudged constantly by people coming & going including waitresses.
An expensive & disappointing evening for what had promised to be a great menu & experience.

1 Thank Jennie018
Philadelphia
“Elegant Italian cuisine”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Right in the middle of Downtown Venice with free parkign across the street, eat inside or out, the food is excellently prepared and elegantly served. So good, we ate there twice. Good sized portions, reasonable prices, friendly and prompt service. Beef carpaccio to die for with wild greens, lamb meatballs with pasta, grilled shrimp and scallops. Just wish they served gelato or sorbetto for dessert.

Venice
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointed-food looked better than it tasted!”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Tried the new restaurant after it had been open a while, wanted to make sure they had worked out any "kinks" Oh man was I disappointed. All I can say is what the heck are these people eating that they love it so much. Our wine was not up to par for a $45 bottle of wine. One of our appetizers was good, which was the eggplant parmesan appetizer. The Tomato Mozzarella Caprese was the worst I've ever had w/Maple syrup over it...who would have thought that that would been a good combination?! And then...I was super excited to get a fresh seafood dish...and too bad it didn't taste as good as it looked, because it looked fabulous...my first bite was disappointing...and my last bite was disappointing! Yuck...bland..no flavors..overall, was a disappointing experience...especially since I know people who dine there often. Sorry about this...I really had much bigger expectations..and I am seeing some good reviews on this restaurant....all I can say is either we ordered the WRONG dishes? or they don't know good food.

1 Thank MotherOfWill
Ohio
“Italian food at it's best!”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stopped in this restaurant while shopping in Venice, not knowing what to expect. When we told our server it was our first time there, she said "oh, you will be back!" She was right. It was by far the most wonderful meal that I have ever had. It was so good, I savored every bite, not wanting it to end. I live out of state, but I can assure you, each time I return to Venice, Cassariano's will be at the top of my list of restaurants to visit.