“What a Wonderful, Small Restaurant”

Cassariano Italian Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Cassariano Italian Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nassau Rd
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Wow! I travel to Europe three times a year and love to dine in small, local restaurants. My two dinners at Cassaiano were better than I've had in any small, relatively-inexpensive restaurant anywhere! The duck that I had the first night was the most-wonderful duck that I've ever eaten. The sea bass that I had the second night was just as great. What a wonderful find! Ask for one of Emily's tables.

3  Thank AtlantaBill
There are newer reviews for Cassariano Italian Eatery

Reviewed January 18, 2009

We arrived in florida for a family gathering, a friend told us to try this quaint restaruant called Cassarianos
on venice ave. the best northern italian food EVER. We did lunch it was so good and had to go back for dinner. Our server advised us at lunch that making a reservation would be highly reccomended for dinner. Her name was Palma . I am sure glad we listened because let me tell you that they have the best food in town . so we made reservations and had the pleasure of having Palma serve us again. She is so bubbly and full of life and we loved the New york accent to top off her wonderful service with a big smile. So bravo to her and the great staff at cassarianos. they have a wonderful establishment, spectacular food and we will definately be back . Thank you Palma and staff for such a wonderful experience . best of luck....The Varrone family.

3  Thank ezduzz
Reviewed January 16, 2009

We heard this was a good restaurant and the food looked good so we had dinner here over Christmas vacation. We vacation and dine out often so I feel I am a pretty good judge of restaurants. We were lucky to be seated after only a few minutes. My family of 5 were well dressed and are always polite but I sensed an attitude from the owner. After about 15 minutes a waitress finally appeared and wanted to take our order. My son asked if he could have a dish without one ingredient and the waitress said the chef doesn't like to do that but she would ask. She came back and stated "he said no". We still laugh about that. I think she was afraid to ask him. Everything is ala carte and a salad was $9.50 so we skipped salads. The food was very good but portions are small. We talked about ordering dessert but the owner came and quickly delivered the bill and ran away so we figured we would leave. I would not go back and had a much better meal at Luna.

2  Thank mmlv
Reviewed December 26, 2008

My husband and I have frequented many wonderful Italian restaurants in Baltimore, Washington DC and other wondeful places. This is a very rare treat here in Venice, FL. It is nice to be able to enjoy wonderful authentic fresh food in a small town atmosphere. Yes, you may have to make a reservation and yes you may have to wait for a table but we feel it is well worth the wait. We have never had a problem with the service and always found the owner comes over to greet us and feel very much welcome. We will always go back to enjoy a wondefully delicious, authentic Italian meal...one you will not find at one of the local chain resteraunts for sure.

3  Thank VeniceRealtor
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Well after winning a gift certificate to this place my wife and I decided to go. Make sure you have a reserv. Since being from New York and now living in Florida we are constantly trying to find good Italian food and a place that serves a decent amount of food for the $$.
We started out with a tomatoe/mozzarella app, that was very good and then to the main course. BTW this place doesnt fry anything so my favorite fried calamari was missing....
I ordered rigatoni with red sauce and eggplant.
The bowl it is served in was enormous I only wish the amount in the bowl was enormous. I have to say it was very good but for a growing man LOL I like to eat so only seeing a small amount of pasta in that large bowl made me even more hungry.
The bread they give you was about 4 small slices.
My wife had fresh fish w/pasta and ofcourse the gigantic bowl wasnt full.
All in all the food was good but do not expect to get a large portion of food for the pricey menu......