“I'd give it a "10" if you'd let me!”

Cassariano Italian Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Cassariano Italian Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 244 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nassau Rd
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“I'd give it a "10" if you'd let me!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

To me a wonderful restaurant dinner is 50% food and 50% view/location/ambience/service and Cassariano scored perfect in both respects. The restaurant is sophisticated/attractive but the nicest touch was Lucca, one of the owners, was so welcoming when we arrived and throughout the evening. The other owner, Antonio, is the chef working his wonders in the kitchen and they are "born in Italy Italians" who know good food and gracious service. This was my first dinner with them but Cassariano had been recommended by residents who know good food. My partner and I shared the Insalata Rucola to start and the lemon dressing really set off the arugula/mushrooms/parmigiano. Then we again shared the Pappardelle Bolognese with a veal meat sauce and that was the best I've ever had. The only mistake we made is we both had ordered a full entrée and that ended up being too much food. We should have shared once more or eliminated one of the earlier courses (but which one??). My entree was the veal tenderloin with lentils (delicious) and my partner raved about his pork tenderloin with prosciutto, mushrooms & polenta with a marsala sauce. I strongly recommend this wonderful restaurant for adults wanting a sophisticated dinner. It wasn't inexpensive but we thought it worth every penny. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2014

Miami, Florida
“Incredible”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I cannot thank the staff enough for the wonderful meal we had there. From the manager, chefs, server to the food runner(yes the food runner, we know how important your job is), the service and food could not have been better.Thank you to the manager and server for making our meal truly special. And the food was perfect. Quality ingredients, great preparation and presentation. We hope to see you again.

Visited August 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“So much more than meets the eye from the exterior!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is great! The ingredients are prime quality, the preparation is excellent and the presentation is lovely. The service is excellent, and it's very attractive inside. We definitely would return!

• Visited July 2014
North Carolina
“Great location in downtown”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Good food and great service at this quaint downtown Venice restaurant. I had the swordfish which was excellent. My husband had the halibut which was very good (except for the potatoes). Kids had pasta which they loved. Portions were good. Wine was good.

Visited August 2014
venice, Fl
“Always something new!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have been to Cassariano before, this night was different. They offered a fabulous wine dinner
with a five course menu. We were a party of 4,and you had to have made reservation ahead of time. I noticed that once we were all in the restaurant,the doors were locked,keeping it very private.Our host Lucca introduced the wine expert, who described the wines and the food we were to try.The food was exquisite and served beautifully. The wines were so good,we ordered a case.
The event was very well attended,and we are hoping there will be more Wine Dinners.The service was the very best,our server,a lovely young woman treated us so well, we could not ask for anything, she anticipated our needs.Thank you Cassriano for a lovely evening.

• Visited July 2014