“hard to believe it's that good”

Cassariano Italian Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Cassariano Italian Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nassau Rd
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Four of us went to Cassariano for dinner on Saturday night. We are a discerning group - one professional chef and 3 other foodies. The food, atmosphere, presentation and service were outstanding. The lamb shank was HUGE and succulent, halibut cooked to perfection, pasta rustica with chicken was full of flavor. Montepulciano house wine at $6.50 went well with all the dishes. We even saved room for dessert (after taking doggie bags) and were blown over by the creme brulee (which other places serve and is usually just OK - we swore it had Limoncello in it, but were told it was made with an Italian orange liqueur) and the tiramisu which has never been my favorite, but I would order it at Cassariano - great roasted coffee & chocolate flavors served in a parfait glass. The prices are not inexpensive, but in this case you get more than what you pay for. We plan to return very soon.

2  Thank h0mefree2

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We came here to celebrate my mother's birthday and had a wonderful dinner. We had the house wine and started with the cesar salad - great and different with the polenta croutons. We had the Spaghetti Carbonara, Penne alla Rustica, Halibut, and the lamb special. We all raved about our food and the presentation and could not wait to return to try the other menu options. We then proceeded to have the tiramisu, creme brulee, and cappuccino all outstanding. My husband orders tiramisu at all Italian restaurants and said this was one of the best he had ever had. My mother said the same about the creme brulee. The service was excellent and the Maitre d' stopped by to visit our table and wished my mother a happy birthday. It was a delightful evening and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank Wannabetraveling2010
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a beautiful meal at this restaurant. My husbands meatballs were large and very tasty, I had salmon cannelloni in a pesto sauce which again was very tasty. The service and restaurant were very welcoming with a lovely atmosphere. There was a slight problem with our bill we noticed the next day on our bank statement that we had been charged an additional 20% on the total that we signed for even though we had left a cash gratuity, however this was sorted out later the following day after my husband went in to question. I would definitely visit again and highly recommend.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Cassariano has come a long way in a short time... Top notch Food prepared by multiple award winning Antonio Pariano who has recently got a review from ZAGAT... they got a great score 28-28-28 out of 30-30-30 ... What an honor and so well desirved... I just recently had them cater the food for my sons wedding...OMG ... it was the best... myself and my guests were completly satistifed ...they went above and beyond as they always do.. Dont miss out on this venice treasure ... you will have a new favorite I promise...=) Bon Appetit ...

3  Thank PleeVenice
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This Eatery has a good menu and very good food. The service is excellent! We enjoyed our dinner here and recommend it. It is not very noisy (although we did go in May, which is low season) and the downtown location is a plus.

2  Thank tanorexic