“Facility and menu has been updated RIGHT ON THE MARK!”
Review of Marker 4 Restaurant - CLOSED

Marker 4 Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marker 4 Restaurant is located at Historic Fisherman's Wharf Marina, just west ofthe KMI bridge off the Island of Venice. Opened for business on June 18, 2014 in the newly renovated and refurbished location (Formally known as Marker 4 Oyster Bar) is bound to impress you with its new tiki hut and coastal decor. Under new ownership and management, with a new menu and drink list we are sure to please the palate. Located in the marina with plenty of dockage for hungry boaters and a west facing view, Marker 4 might just be the best place to catch the sunset or finish a relaxing day on the bay. Come to Marker 4 by boat, car or motorcycle to relax, to enjoy local live music, to enjoy an appetizing meal, or a delicious libation. We are sure that Marker 4 Restaurant has just what your looking for.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by for a late lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Under NEW management/ownership and it shows!

Nice updates to the facility... Much cleaner and freshly painted. New Tiki Hut area that would be wonderful for casual gatherings or intimate parties at night.

Menu is not too long and the items are thoughtful. Many normal items but with a fresh twist.

Price is a bit more than a pub or burger/wing place but the quality of the ingredients and preparation warrant it especially since you have to consider the waterside ambience that is hard to find in Venice dining.

I had the lobster roll that was freshly prepared but served on a bed of crisp romaine upon request. I liked it very much but it did need a bit of lemon juice to brighten it a smidgen. It also came with a side dish and I chose the roasted corn and pepper salad with feta... Yup... Feta and it is worthy of me trying to copy it for the next family gathering!

My husband had the Jerk chicken sandwich... Omgosh... On a fresh brioche bun, with tropical Pico and avocado... Yummy stuff!

No alcohol for us today and the bill was $33 before tip... And service... Awesome! Josh was on the ball and very helpful.

MARK this one on your to do list for a nice adult excursion!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went here last night and were sorely disappointed! It took over one hour to get the food, and the place is VERY noisy and HOT. There are NO sunscreens on the west-facing windows any more. When were were seated, they could not find any menus for us to look at. Then the specials were never explained; the specials menu was simply tossed on the table.

I had a grouper sandwich at $18, which was bland, and tiny. It tasted almost if the fish had been frozen and was not fresh, the spice were caked to the fish almost as if it had been pressed into teh fish. The crabcakes on the otehr hand had too much spice, to teh point that you could not taste teh crab at all. Another diner in our group had the signature salad and he siad it was also not very good. It was small and had a very limited variety of things in it.

We did say something about the service and the food and all we got was excuses. The answer was that they were not aware that a Saturday night would be so busy and they did not have enough help. One thing they need to do is to train the help.

We may go back and give them another chance, but with so many other GOOD fish places in the area, why would we?

2  Thank Aldenp76
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The old Marker 4 is no more. The new Marker 4 is quite different. It is casual upscale dining with prices to match. We arrived on a Wednesday evening about 6 p.m. and were promptly greeted and seated. The place was packed, so the noise level was up a bit. The menu is quite different than before. The dinners seem a bit expensive, but the small plates and sandwiches are priced similar to other waterfront restaurants in the area. I chose the Bison Burger. It arrived beautifully plated, and accompanied by a mound of hot fries. The fries were the best I've had lately. The Bison burger was cooked as ordered, and very flavorful. The toppings did not hide the true flavor. My wife had the crab cakes and enjoyed them as well. The service was good, but our server seemed a bit hurried. Perhaps the newness of the restaurant and the crowded evening. We'll give this restaurant some more time to settle in, and try it again.

7  Thank HappyinVenice
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Refreshing...new owners, new chef, new menu. Excellent service. Guacamole and chips, the best I have ever had. Bison Burger with smoked Gouda was excellent. I have eaten there twice and have had several dishes on the menu. Don't be scared by the prices...they have a sandwich section and a small plate section that is a great value for the money. They even have a $4. drink special everyday and happy hour bet. 3-6pm. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank bbeamer
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Marker 4 just reopened. So now the place is much cleaner with real china and linens, better tables and up graded chairs. The face lift looks good. Just as noisy as ever. Had the bison burger which was enough for the two of us plus fries included. But really, $18 for a burger? All the prices are considerably higher - 6 wings for $10. Grilled peach salad sounded appetizing. Maybe the chef should have used ripe peaches and actually grilled them. Will be awhile before we return.

3  Thank Bob W