Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia(Venice)(Great Value!)
$92
Rodeway Inn(Venice)
$66
$50
$104
All reviewsfront deskburger jointgulf beachesrestaurants within walking distancecracker barrellate at nightspecial thanksbreakfast staffhotel is cleanparking lotcomplimentary breakfastinterstatepethousekeepingdannysarasotamuffins
Reviewed June 11, 2014

First I spent the last 4 nights here and no wi-fi except for about 15 precious minutes. Front desk couldn't help. Today I went to their work station to print my boarding passes. No internet connection there either. For that I take away a star.

I own my own business but never would I do anything that would make a customer feel uncomfortable by forcing them to endure something against the customers sacred belief. Unfortunately they don't share my philosophy. I will take away a star for that and another one because after complaining they did nothing.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad4221x
Bridget A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you occurred during your stay with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been meaning to write this review for over a month now. My husband and I traveled to Venice about 5 weeks ago to visit his father who had just moved into an independent living facility. He had moved down from OH so this was a big move and we were eager to get over there (we live in Jax) and make sure he was settled in. We didn't have a hotel reservation and just thought we'd get a room when we got there. Upon exiting 75 we stopped at the first place we saw, the Holiday Inn Express. My husband went in to check on a room while I waited in the car checking out other places online. He was gone about 10 minutes and came back to tell me it was going to be really hard to get a room this weekend. There were several huge events taking place in Venice and Sarasota and the woman at the desk told him every hotel between Sarasota and Port Charlotte was booked for the weekend. She did have 1 room left though for that night, a TH, but we'd have to check out in the morning and go find another place for a couple more nights. We sat in the car debating what to do. We must've been discussing it for about 10 minutes, then decided to go ahead and take it for the one night; we'd figure out something else in the morning. As we were getting out of our car to go back in we saw the woman from the desk walking over to our car. She told us that she had made a call for us and was able to get us a room at The Fairfield Inn and Suites for the entire weekend....but we had to go right now as they were holding it for us. Needless to say, we were extremely grateful. She clearly went above and beyond her call of duty. Having been in the customer service field for many years, I'm always reminded of something I heard back in a seminar many years ago. That one day all the "products" will look the same. The only thing separating yours from theirs will be the customer service. How true that is. Thank you Holiday Inn Express.We'll be staying with you on our next trip to Venice. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We are sorry we could not accommodate you when you visited Venice, Hopefully next time you visit we will be able to provide you with our guest services and accommodations.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

just came back from 2 nights in holiday inn venice,florida and hotel was great. Very clean and new. welcomed my small dog. front desk service was very accomodating and friendly. my time of entry was scheduled for 3 pm and front desk moved my reservation around to get me checked in to my room before 3 pm. Room was comfortable with 2 double beds. Location is excellent just off the exit from I-75. Would recommend to any traveler seeking clean, comfortable and friendly front desk staff.

Room Tip: if you have any dogs select 2nd floor as is convenient to take them down one flight of stairs
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Bridget A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Jose P,

Our staff are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provided great service that will make you want to keep coming back. Our entire staff look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Everyone in this hotel was helpful and genuinely friendly during our 8 night stay. If you're looking for a "Pet Friendly" hotel this one really is dog friendly. Our Labrador was welcomed like a guest and even hung out with the front desk staff at one point. The breakfast has the quality and variety to keep you coming back. Shirley we got to know but both women in the kitchen were eager to keep first rate hot food coming for the hungry guests. The manager is Bridget. Her people are comfortable working with her and they take the same guest friendly approach she does. My wife and I will be staying there and only there while in the Venice area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark P,

Its great to know that you and your family had a great stay with us. We are all pet owners and feel out four legged friends are a part of our family, as a guest in our hotel your furry friend is treated just as well as you are. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I cannot express how much we enjoyed our stay. Christine front desk was amazing she went above n beyond to help us and made our stay enjoyable. We wld come back just becuz of her. You are so lucky to have such an amazing employee excellent guest service and an awesome personality. Thank you so much Christine. Penny and Brett Formsma battle creek Michigan

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Penny and Brett,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Christine is fun and has been praised for the great job she is doing with our guests.