“Very clean and very nice employees”

Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the lady at the front desk very helpful. The breakfast area was very clean and kept up by a very friendly Lisa D. The rooms are nice and mine had a refrigerator and microwave. Parking was good and there was a great burger place right next door.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Craig H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about the Holiday Inn Express Venice Florida. We appreciate the postive feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I made a reservation through a 3rd party and when I arrived they did not have my reservation. I confirmed that it would be late arrival since we were arrive at 10:47pm. However, I did have my confirmation on my iPhone. Andy tried calling but the phones were not working. He used his personal cell phone to call and was able to give us the last room. Unfortunately, it only had one bed and I needed two because my sons were with me,plus it was a smoking room. My sons slept on the bed and I slept on the chair - not a good night sleep! Thank God that they did not charge me for that nightmare. We stayed another 2 days and the breakfast was good but the 2 women working there were the best! Shirley and Lisa, kept everything clean and very helpful. Thank you!

Room Tip: call hotel directly to make reservation
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 181Barbara

It is wonderful to hear when our staff goes the extra mile for a guest. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, its very unfortunate that the third party reservation was not transferred to the hotel. We will investigate to ensure it does not happen again. I have shared your views with our team and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Staff was very friendly, courteous and accommodating. Room was comfortable and clean and a refrigerator and microwave was included. Had a delicious breakfast and server in charge was most accommodating. Location was convenient too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paswei
Craig H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express Venice Florida are glad that you had a wonderful experience. We take pleasure in insuring the guest experience is a great one. Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very good and clean rooms. We had a refrigerator, microwave and internet free. The receptionists and the lady who serves the breakfast are very nice.
There are some restaurants in the area. And the place is 20 min ride to Sarasota and 30 mins from the #1 best beach in USA: Sirena.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol1978Florida
Craig H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Venice
Florida. Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Shirley, who was in charge of morning breakfast went above and beyond to be nice and courteous. She deserves a "thumbs Up" Breakfast was clean and very good. I can tell she enjoys her job as well as people.
Thanks Shirley!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott H
Craig H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Venice Florida.
It is wonderful to hear when our staff goes the extra mile for a guest. We take pride to ensure
that each and every guest receives the best service possible. We appreciate the postive feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I arrived at this hotel late on a Monday night and was instantly greeted by front desk representative, Andy. After having a rough day and being thousands of miles away from my home during a hurricane, I was beyond stressed out! Andy couldn't have been more accommodating to me and his hospitality was absolutely some of the best I've experienced anywhere! Even after midnight, I mentioned to him that I needed information on rental car places within the area. He had a list of places with all pertinent information to me within 5 minutes! Honestly, all I had to do was mention I needed something and Andy was more than happy to accommodate me! That was how I was greeted before I even arrived in the room. I knew then, I had made the right choice as to where to stay.

Upon arriving into the room, I was very pleased at the aesthetics and how clean my room was! I frequently travel and have stayed in many hotels. This was beautifully clean and decorated! The next morning, I went to breakfast where I was awakened by a beautifully displayed breakfast and a wonderful worker named "Lisa!" She started my day with a warm smile and was happy to get me whatever I needed. As I checked out, I was greeted by Diana,the General Manager! What a gem! So personable and knowledgeable and I enjoyed conversing with her!

I would honestly recommend anyone to stay here! It was the best value for the money and I couldn't have asked for anything more! Thank you Holiday Inn staff! :)

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor. It was close to breakfast, elevators, front desk and work out room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jenn R

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Venice Florida. Our staff is proud to serve our guest and meet all their expectations. We hope to see you again
when traveling in our area.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our room was great during our stay from November 5 - 7 2012. The breakfast served on the two days was wonderful. It was prepared by Lisa D. I noticed how conscientious she was of the cleaniness of the serving area and tables. I think we could have eaten off the floor. She was very thorough!!! She was helpful to my elderly husband while there and I really appreciated that. The check-in process was very pleasant. I apologize but I do not remember the ladies name when we checked in. She was extremely helpful and pleasant. I appreciated that she moved our room closer to the lobby since my husband and I have medical conditions. She didn't question anything when I requested that move. These things mean very much to us. We have reason to visit Venice, Fl and we will be returning soon. We will definitely stay at this hotel again. Thanks again for the wonderful accommodations.
Suzanne Thompson and Robert Longson.

Room Tip: It was very conveniently located off of I-75 - the Jacaranda exit ramp.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Express Venice Florida. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our staff is looking forward to seeing you next time.