“Very Relaxing”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great team of people at the hotel. Everyone was very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. Shirley in the breakfast area was great with directions and very pleasant. Will go back again. Our room was very quiet which is unusual in a hotel. And the room rate was very good
JR

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor on the end and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Diaana, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Venice! I am happy to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at our property and we appreciate your comments to ShIrley. Shirley has been with the hotel for a few years now and we are definitely lucky to have her. I will be sure that she reads your comments.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel staff is always friendly and accomodating to their guests. I have stayed here many times and pleased with the staff, room cleanliness, and overall experience. Special acknowledgement to the breakfast "hostesses". I have seen these ladies (Lisa D) accomodate entire track and field teams for breakfast in fine fashion and still take care of the seperate travelers. Great hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Diaana, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express is proud to serve all of our guests. We are pleased that you had such a great time while you were in Venice, We look forward to see you next time you are in the area.

Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed September 24, 2012

For starters, the fridge did not work. Not a big deal, but they gave us a hot bottled water as a welcome gift, and we had no way to cool it. The air had no temp settings, just high and low. The high setting did not cool the room down to a comfortable setting. The noise in the hallways was VERY loud. Someone had a dog in the hallway, and we got to enjoy the barking :( The wifi did not work at all, and we had business to tend to on the internet. We moved rooms, to be on an outside wall and was able to get the hotel next doors signals for wifi and could use the net freely. Thank you so much Best Western...you rock! Breakfast in the morning...not even worth typing! Never again for us. I'd rather pay 15-20 more and get a nice room for the evening.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Angel B,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy that our location was suitable enough for your needs. However, I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We'd like to follow up on your experience but unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message.

You are welcome to reach out to us via email at IHGCare@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

We look forward to receiving your email and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Excellent assistance from all staff. Very friendly, each staff
Member greeted us with a smile and greeting. Lisa in the breakfast area was extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you for a relaxing 3 night stay . I was very impressed that HDE accepts pets! A water bowl in the front lobby for animals! I will definitely stay at HDE again and with my pets too!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rylokitty
Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were in Venice for a Pop Warner football game and stayed at the this hotel. They gave us the best possible group rate of all surrounding hotels. They even did a pizza party for the players the night we arrived. Keep in mind that these are 5,6 and 7 year olds so they were really happy. The only problem we encountered was the door to the pool seemed to have a wasp's nest in it where the original latch was. One of our players did get stung. There could have been a few more seats in the pool area as well.

The staff of this property was very very helpful and did everything they could to make ourr stay enjoyable. I know that if we come bak to Venice next year this is where we will stay. The breakfast was of good quality and plentiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Definitely worth it to stay here for a week business trip. Great breakfast, clean rooms, but most of all, the service was outstanding! Thank you to Dianna the GM and her fantastic staff for making me feel comfortable and at home. I even brought my dog with me during my stay, and they were very attentive to him as well. lol. Will definitely be coming back the next time I have a business trip in Venice/Sarasota!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in Venice, FL and your continued patronage! We appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and look forward to your next visit as well. Thank you again for your comments, they are very much appreciated! PS: Bring the Puppy :)

Venice, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a possible hurricane coming and I live in a mobile home. I checked in on Sunday,8/26/12 and checked out Monday 8/27/12. I was told when I checked in that it was a minumin 2 day stay, but I was led to believe that I could check out Monday,and only be charged for one night, so I did. I looked at my credit card statment on line and foind out I was charged for two nights. Had I known I would have been charged for two nights, I would have stayed Monday night also. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Robert R,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am deeply sorry for the billing issues you had with our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony Martinez