“Nice view”

Ranked #35 of 251 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fins is "polished casual" restaurant that features fresh and innovative foods in an open dining room and bar area that showcases some magnificent Gulf views and sunsets. Located next to Sharky's, Fins offers a casual dining experience for all "foodies"
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We had CD a party of 6 and sat outside overlooking the water. It's a beautuful spot. The service wasn't great. The menu was disapointing, no grouper on the menu and the cobia that I finaly decided on was not available. Then I chose the scallops. They were in a word, okay. Everything is overpriced for the quality received. I'd recommend just going for drinks to enjoy the view.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We live in the area, and Fins is always a place that stands out for excellence. Our dinner there with friends on 1/ll/20 was no exception. We made reservations for 5:30 in order to watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. The parking area was extremely busy but the valet took our car quickly. We arrived on time and although the reception area was crowded, our table was ready and we were seated promptly on the outdoor, covered deck. Everything was superb! Our server, Kelsie, couldn't have been more courteous or efficient. She made sure that we got everything we asked for promptly and without delays. She is very knowledgeable about how to manage the orders without rushing the meal. It couldn't have been a better experience and we will definitely keep going back! Thanks to everyone at Fins for such a great evening!

1  Thank BonnieB583
Reviewed January 13, 2020

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner here after spending an afternoon at Venice Beach. We were blown away at the service, presentation and flavour. Everyone’s dish exceeding our expectations and we enjoyed everything from the time we were seated to when we left. We couldn’t have raved so much about such an incredible dining experience. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of their menu. The menu is new everyday. It was worth every penny and we would definitely come back. We especially loved the blinds going up in sync to enjoy the breathtaking sunset view of the pier and beach!!! When in Venice it’s worth to make the trip to Finn’s at Sharky’s.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

When you pass the local, little airport, you wouldn't expect to come in a minute to this very nice waterfront restaurant with complimentary valet parking (parking lot is big, but crowded). Very nice bar, where to wait for your table to ready - some people have their dinner at the bar counter. Table next to the large windows is a must, if you want to see the sunset. If the weather is warm enough, ask for a table at the patio, which opens directly to the sea.
Service is very friendly and professional, food is excellent and the wine list wide enough with reasonable pricing.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I was asked to join a friend for Dinner. I wouldn’t have come here on my own. The last time I was here, I said I wouldn’t come back. The food isn’t bad, it’s just not good. The food is not cooked well, the presentation is messy, and the service is spotty. The price performance is fair, at best. I’ll say it again, I won’t be back.