“Nice presentation on food”
Review of Fins at Sharky's

Fins at Sharky's
Ranked #15 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We have only ate at Fins a few times but love the food and the view! Especially at sunset. It is pricey but the presentation is wonderful and the portions are decent. Try the seafood nachos, lobster bisque and the sushi is pretty good too. They have some really good mixed drinks too. I had a cucumber Basil Martini that was Delish!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Wow ! We had a amazing dinner here and it was almost as good as the view ! The seafood menu was really amazing and quite good. My friends loved their meal and one commented that it was the best he had had ! The cobia was really great and the key lime brûlée made the night !

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Our recent visit to Fins was such a treat! The service was excellent. Our server Carl, went above and beyond to ensure us an amazing evening! The lobster nachos were great! We all ordered the three course meals, the presentation was beautiful, and all tasted fantastic. We will differently return.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Service was excellent. Every single morsel of food was delicious. We started with sushi rolls, moved onto seafood crepes stuffed with shrimps, salmon, Mahi Mahi and asparagus, and finished with key lime creme brulee and chocolate mousse. Wow. It was spectacular. Did I mention the view is fabulous as well?

1  Thank ileneg
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have enjoyed eating at Sharky's for years and watched the construction of Fins with anticipation. The somewhat mixed reviews were concerning, but we today we finally decided to give it a try for lunch.

There were five of us in our party: myself, my husband, our 15-year old son and my parents. We requested a table outside and were promptly seated on the covered second-story patio with an unobstructed view of the beach and turquoise water. The chairs are comfortable and the patio is cooled with numerous ceiling fans and the ocean breeze. The décor is upscale coastal. Very conducive to a relaxed and enjoyable meal.

We started with the Mexican sushi roll. It was delicious and even our son, who is wary of trying new things, liked it. For entrées, I had the Smokehouse Salad, which consists of a lettuce wedge, crumbled blue cheese, bacon, diced plum tomatoes, and herbed balsamic dressing. It is served with a marinated steak (filet) kabob that melted in my mouth. Fries also come on the side. It was delicious and will definitely be ordered again.

My husband had the Gulf Grouper Fish and Chips and he pronounced them excellent. Our son and my mother both had the Max Bison Burger with sweet potato wedges fries and said it was very good. My father had the Shrimp Tacos and loved them.

Service was excellent, with a very attentive waiter and a manager who checked on us several times throughout our meal. Fins is pricier than Sharky's, but justifiably so and well worth the cost, in my opinion. There are far too few waterfront dining options in the Venice-Sarasota area and Fins is a wonderful and much needed addition. We will be returning frequently.